Level 5 & 6 beam routines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JessMom

Proud Parent
Does anyone know where I can find the level 5 and level 6 beam routines written out in terms that a 7 yr old would understand?

We found last year that have the steps written out for my daughter to read helped her to remember each step.

I found the routines written out on wikipedia but the wording used is more confusing then helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Your gym should have the USAG book with the routines in it. They are in words with pictures. I've seen them and it should be ok for a 7yo but it might be worth you purchasing the DVD of the routines from USAG if your gym doesn't have it. It's really easy for them to watch and see the routine.

My DD who was 7 last year had trouble learning the beam routine and the coach wrote it down for DD. It helped so much. She wrote it down in simple terms and gave things fun names. She and I then practiced at home using the cheat sheet. You might ask if the coach can write out the steps in easy to understand format. Also Last year we did several privates also to work floor and beam routines. We have already had two privates this year to work on the more complicated parts of the L5 floor routine. She might also need a little one on one to focus on the routines.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back