Parents Level 5 State Jitters

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

lilgymmie7

I have posted many times that DD is so easy going and really seems to take mistakes in stride even when she is at a meet. However today she was very quiet after practice and she tried not talking at all when I asked if she had a great practice. Then when she got in the car, she broke down. She said she didn't want to go to state. When she calmed down she said she is afraid she will miss her squat on on the bars. I tried telling her that she will be fine, that the world won't stop if she falls, that I know she can do it and she herself has to believe she can, and lastly that she might be falling off because she 'thinks' she already will even before she does that first kip. The thing is is that she can do a beautiful bar routine! Her coaches know this too. DD is just being too hard on herself.
It is now about three hours after her break down and she does feel better. She does want to go to state after all. This kid will probably be one of the youngest competitors in her age group. She just turned 7 this Januuary. She however thinks she should be able to handle it all. I have no doubt that she will smile at every turn because that is just her way, but now I know that she does worry about her performance.

So please, can everyone send some good luck fairies DD's way and please make a special request for the 'squat on' bar fairy to make her appearance. DD competes Sunday eary morning...

Good Luck to all gymmies competing this weekend!!!:D

I hope your DD relaxes. You're doing the right thing in reassuring her that everything we'll be alright and you are proud of her no matter what. Good luck to her at States!

That squat on is cause for fear in many gymmies minds! That is one thing older DD would fall on in warmup and practice a lot. Never at a meet yet. Your DD is going to rock. I am sending peaceful and calm vibes your way! Good luck to her!!!

Thank you all! She is off to bed right now so that she can be rested for her meet. I think I will join her!;)

Good luck. Sending her squat on faries even though she wont need them because she is going to hit her routine ;) and some no nerves faries!!

The squat-on fairy visited Kathy at her level 5 States meet today (after missing several during warm-up). The squat-on was her (and my) biggest worry about the meet as well. Sending Ms Fairy your way, now that we're done with her. I'm hoping that, before next meet season starts, this skill will get more consistant for Kathy. She always pulls it off in meets but misses it SO often in practice... not sure what the deal is!

[video=youtube;Gwkrc02Lt0s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwkrc02Lt0s[/video]

I just wanted to report back on how well DD performed. She was so ecstatic when she hit her bar routine! She could not stop talking about it!! We are so proud of this little bitty!

Bars- 8.85 (12th pl.)
Beam 8.95 (11th pl.)
Floor 9.325 (8th pl.)
Vault 8.75 (13th pl.)

All-Around- 35.875 ( 10th pl. out of 27 / 7-8 y.o. gymmies)

She did so well and the fact that she kept her composure throughout the meet was just so phenomenal! She had a little 'accident' before vault when she made a mad dash to the bathroom, but she kept it together and had a good solid first vault. That is such a test of her character, and needless to say we couldn't be prouder!! This kid is so determined!:D

That's fantastic!! Glad she got through the bars and it sounds like that gave her a confidence boost. Good job!

Well now she had no trouble at ALL on that squat on! Good for her. She is amazing, such a tiny little thing and so much confidence and poise. I am so glad she had such a great state meet!!!! Love the gold balloon arch too, very special! She just looks like she is on cloud 9 in the pics. Love it!! Congrats to her and to you, too!

Wonderful! The squat-on fairies were really out in force this weekend, weren't they? Hooray for a great Level 5 States! Congratulations, Callie! :applause:

Wonderful! The squat-on fairies were really out in force this weekend, weren't they? Hooray for a great Level 5 States! Congratulations, Callie! :applause:

I really want to thank everyone for sending the fairies,; we really noted their great work! On the way to the meet, we all saw a white bird that looked live a dove fly passed us. That was such a sight! Callie was so proud of herself as well she should be.

"Mom, I made my squat on!"

Sissy also gave her her good luck fairy bear that C kissed right before she did the bar routine.

She is so full of confidence at this point... She just said, "I can't wait until Tuesday to work on level 6 skills!" Who knows what level she will do next season. Right now she is loving it all.

Yes, She was most certainly on cloud 9 yesterday. :D

She did awesome! Glad the fairies were there for her!! It looks like she really fought for her dismount on beam!! Hope she has fun training for L6

Congrats to her on having a great meet. It amazes me how the little ones worry about doing well we have one at daughters gym who did not turn 8 yet she competed this weekend also 5 and told her mom she was worried about doing well since this is the big meet! I quess my daughter is a late bloomer she was still competing level 4 at that age and I just remember her having fun not really worrying about how she does that did not really kick in until she was 10.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back