Parents Level 5 State, the good and bad

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sorry for just getting around to posting my DD's Level 5 state meet results. I am back in school, and I am still trying to find a schedule that works. Well lets just say this was definitely not her best meet. She was so excited going into the meet because she knew she had a chance to place in the top 3 on everything. Unfortunately things didn't go her way. She started out on her 2 best events, but you couldn't tell it. She fell on bars, and then she fell twice on beam. I felt so bad for her by this point. I just wanted to run out there and give her a big hug. But then came floor, she pulled it all together and performed her best floor routine of the season. Finally came vault which has been her worst event all season. On her first warmup pass she hit the board wrong and re-injured her ankle. She went hobbling back, so I just knew things weren't going to go well. But she proved me wrong and I couldn't help but say "wow". She improved .4 and got her first 9 of the seaon. She was so happy.

Bars - 8.95 7th place with a fall
Beam - 8.2 (two falls):(
Floor - 9.35 1st Place Level 5 10B State Champ!:)
Vault - 9.00 3rd Place (best of the season)
AA - 35.55 7th place

All though she was disappointed in her performance overall, she told me that she will redeem herself at their upcoming AAU State Meet. I told her that was great, but that I was proud of her no matter what.

I hope you enjoy the video.

YouTube - Laurel's SC Level 5 State Gymnastics Meet.wmv

Congratulations on floor! Her gymnastics look really nice. I guess she just let the nerves get the better of her on bars and beam. It's a learning experience. I hope she's happy with her performace. She should be proud.

I saw her video on YouTube yesterday. I have to say I was so impressed with her form and composure. Despite the falls she looked amazing and shockingly unrattled. She sure is a strong competitor.

Is she moving on to L6 now.

Hope you manage to get the school gym balance working for you.

I saw her video on YouTube yesterday. I have to say I was so impressed with her form and composure. Despite the falls she looked amazing and shockingly unrattled. She sure is a strong competitor.

Is she moving on to L6 now.

Hope you manage to get the school gym balance working for you.

They are working on their level 6 skills, but they will not be officially be done with Level 5 until July 4th. After the USAG season is complete, they compete in AAU state and AAU Age Group Nationals.

I sure hope I manage to work out school and my DD's gym life. I have been going to school on and off for years, and I am down to my last 4 classes. As long as I can keep my sanity, I should be done by October.:)

I am sorry about the falls but she still looked great! Congrats on being the Floor Champ!!!!

Congrats! State Champion Floor is awesome! and a personal best on vault, woohoo! Her bars really looked great. Stinking shame about the fall on squat on, but otherwise a great routine. Her split jump on beam is awesome! She has really nice form and I'm very impressed with her composure! Everyone has a bad day, it's how they handle it that makes all the difference. She's a True Champion!

Tell her way to persevere and not give up!!! Not easy to do when things start to unravel and then be in pain on vault! Congrats to her :applause:

Congrats to her for being Floor Champ! It is hard when they don't do well on their best events at States. Abby was bummed about beam at States, but she knows it happens. I am sure your DD knows that as well. I think they learn from every experience they have in this sport. :) Good luck to her at AAU States! Hope she can bring all her best routines! And overcoming not doing as well on 2 events to rock on floor, well, awesome! That is an accomplishment in and of itself. :D

Way to go on the state floor champ! Sorry to hear about the falls on beam. Nerves would seem to get the best of my DD on beam this year too. At least she has that last meet to do it all over again.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back