WAG Level 5 vs Level 6 bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Can you do the level 5 bar routine with a cast to 45 above horizontal for level 6? I feel like it fulfills all the requirements..? (This is hypothetical, I'm not in that level yet, just curious)

Somewhat... you can't have tap swings (well, you can, but each one is .3 deduction I believe) in level 6. Also most people would choose not to do a long pullover in level 6 bars, as it is really just getting you lots of extra deductions lol.

Somewhat... you can't have tap swings (well, you can, but each one is .3 deduction I believe) in level 6. Also most people would choose not to do a long pullover in level 6 bars, as it is really just getting you lots of extra deductions lol.
Yeah i mean you can take those out, but do you really need any new skills for level 6?

You could but I wouldnt. The Level 6 bar routine can be shorter than the Level 5. I would just do kip cast free hip squat on jump to high bar kip cast flyaway. Just make sure you meet the angle requirements for the casts and freehip and you'll score well. If you have a Giant you can do that as its good practice for level 7 but you don't need it.

In optionals, the more you do the more opportunity for deductions so in many ways you want to minimize the routines to the essential elements and you will score better. Some people do more to have practice competing harder skills for later levels but at level 6 especially it usually results in lower placement cause there are more things to deduct.

The requirement in level 5 is a cast above horizontal. Many strong bar workers will cast to 45 degrees above horizontal or even to handstand.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back