WAG Level 6 bars question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello! I'm a little confused about the new requirements for level 6 bars. Do the gymnasts have to have a cast to handstand, or do they just have to get above horizontal? Is there a deduction or lowered start value for failing to hit a handstand? Thanks!

As far as I understand, there's not a deduction per se... but routines that have the handstand will score higher. I feel like there is an implied higher start value.

My understanding is cast to handstand is NOT required but cast above 45* is needed to avoid deductions.
A cast above horizontal but below 45* from vertical gets credit for the special requirement but deduction on amplitude.

A cast between vertical and 45* gets no deductions and gets the special requirement credit.

IF the routine has a Cast to Handstand as the B skill and you miss vertical you get deductions. Below 20* from vertical means it is no longer considered a value part (B skill).

This is skill is two pronged. Unless this has changed in the last few years, Any cast that is not within 10* of vertical will get deductions - this is a rule for all optionals (6-10). But I seem to remember that maybe they changed it to 3/4 vertical for L6? The amount of deduction depends on the angle deviation but as much as 0.30. Being above horizontal fulfills a special requirement. Without it, the start value will be 0.5 lower.

My understanding is cast to handstand is NOT required but cast above 45* is needed to avoid deductions.
A cast above horizontal but below 45* from vertical gets credit for the special requirement but deduction on amplitude.

A cast between vertical and 45* gets no deductions and gets the special requirement credit.

IF the routine has a Cast to Handstand as the B skill and you miss vertical you get deductions. Below 20* from vertical means it is no longer considered a value part (B skill).
This is my understanding too. My daughter competed level 6 last season.

Hello! I'm a little confused about the new requirements for level 6 bars. Do the gymnasts have to have a cast to handstand, or do they just have to get above horizontal? Is there a deduction or lowered start value for failing to hit a handstand? Thanks!
Needs to be to 45 but it is better to have handstand, so the judges cannot deduct at all.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back