WAG Level 6 tumbling pass options

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mkwh

Proud Parent
I posted a couple of month ago about my daughter ( age 10) level 4 who was struggling with mental block on RO BHS BHS. We just finished state meet and honestly it never really got better. She would complete with the coach coming out on floor but not touching her, she could not run but would more hurdle and then BHS BHS. She alas a very successful lvl 4 year. 41 placement medals, 17 times on a podium, 4 first places. Highs of 9.05 vault, 9.575 bars, 9.55 beam and 9.3 floor with three meets above 36 highest being 36.95. I know she is ready to move up and the coaches plan is to score out of 5 and compete six. She has her baby giant on bars and is working fly away and straddle cast to handstand now. She has her back walkover on beam and front tuck dismount. It think she is in good shape for next year especially it only being. March. But with the tumbling on floor, I know she will have options in 6 which is great. I have this nagging feeling that connected back tumbling is not going to work. It think we can get through the BHS BT to score out of five with spotting but I really want her lvl6 passes to be things she doesn't need spotting and can feel confident about. Haven't had a lot of time yet to talk to couch but she mentioned something but I'm not sure I remember it right. I think she said a front handspring RO BHS might work, does that sound right? She is great with front tumbling. Can do FHS FHS or FHS FT, etc. she also has a side aerial on floor which she is very proud of and would love I her routine. We went and watched the level 6 state meet to support team mates and I noticed almost all routines had a RO BHS BT or RO BHS back lay out. I don't fully understand the code of ppoint so what tumbling pass options can you guys suggest that would not involve connected back tumbling things skills? Thanks

Yes, we have l6 that does a front handspring stepout roundoff backhandspring.

My DD had the same issue!! She just completed Level 6 and ended the season doing a front walkover, front handspring, roundoff. Scored a 9.85 on floor at State, so turned out to be the best option for her. I believe I remember the coach telling me they just have to have 3 skills connected.

A L6 girl in my gym has a terrible mental block/vestibular problem right now, and competed FHS-CW-RO, and FHS-FHS and/or side aerial as her passes, so yes

I am in XCEL Gold so you can pick different options for your tumbling pass. I had the same problem and instead I did FHS stepout round off.

If she chooses a pass like that, she will have to include an aerial or front tuck to satisfy the other tumbling requirement at some point in the routine.

A FHS RO BHS or FHS FHS RO would receive full credit for 3 connected skills, but she needs an additional salto or aerial elsewhere.
However, I think that since she has a whole year to work the skills, they should keep working on the RO BHS BHS & adding a back tuck by herself for level 6. The next year for level 7, a back layout to two feet is explicitly required, so if she stops working her back tumbling & does the "easy pass" in level 6, she'll have A LOT of work to do to get a BLO for level 7.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back