WAG Level 6 Vaults

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

TumbleTimes4

Proud Parent
I know that vaults recently changed with levels 6/7. Would someone please explain the different options they have to compete and if all the start values are the same?

C0E9331D-C939-4911-86B4-9B7C0BE4E1E2.jpeg

I know the start values are the same, but I’ll leave it to someone with more expertise than me to explain anything. Lol Good luck!!

This is the 3rd year they’ve been doing these 3 vault timers. It would take a book to explain them. They all start from a 10.0

Reactions: JBS
So I have a question on the level 6 floor. Would a round-off 2 BHS be sufficient with a front tuck pass? I'm confused because I'm working on my 2 BHS and back tuck but don't have back tuck and working 2 BHS.

Yes, I am pretty confident that works! My daughter has had backwards tumbling issues. Last year she did a FHS SO-FHS- RO and this year she did FHS SO-RO-BHS (to a straddle jump) and both of those worked.

This is the 3rd year they’ve been doing these 3 vault timers. It would take a book to explain them. They all start from a 10.0
Yes it would... a book with changing writing... because they are judged differently at every meet.

These are great for the future, but they are a complete and utter waste of time for the judges to score. While I've been to quite a few meets where the athletes that could actually flip the vault score the highest, I've also been to quite a few meets where some strange and awkward vaults score the highest. Vaults that would most definitely not flip.

Let's face it, landing on your feet on three 8's behind a vault table is not going to produce a "timer" action.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back