WAG Level 7-10

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

epicgymnast 2020

I am going level 7-10 this summer and i was wondering if anyone else has done that or heard of anybody doing that
(by the way, I am a second year level 7 and even though state is in a week I have all of my level 8 skills aside from my walkover flick on beam)

Each step at that level is such a huge step. I rarely hear about levels 8 OR 9 being skipped, much less both of them. Even moving up after only a year at either of those levels is a big accomplishment.

I think Ariana Agripides (MG Elite) did it. She was a level seven in 2011 and a level ten in 2012. I'm not completely sure though.

I am going level 7-10 this summer and i was wondering if anyone else has done that or heard of anybody doing that
(by the way, I am a second year level 7 and even though state is in a week I have all of my level 8 skills aside from my walkover flick on beam)
Gymnastics is not a sprint. Part of doing skills is mastering them and learning proper technique. You'll be a better gymnast if you progress through each phase properly. Don't risk injury especially since level 9-10 require release on bars.

I did 7 8 9 this season. If I had another year to compete I would definitely stay 9. Level 9 bars is a whole different playing field.

Seems like a hard jump if you don't yet have a backwalkover backhandspring on beam yet.

With the skills as you describe having, unless you have a HUGE jump in progress, I think it would be irresponsible of your coach to attempt this....

My dd's friend/teammate did 7, 8, 9 in one season, then competed a whole season of 9. She didn't qualify to regionals for level 9, and her first year of lvl 10 was not that great. But her next 3 years were, and she is a Div 1 gymnast on a top 6 team now. But she did struggle those 2 years.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back