WAG Level 7 bars deduction

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Edogsdad

Proud Parent
My daughter keeps landing off the end of the landing mat after her flyaway dismount on bars in competition. Does anyone know what the deduction is for this?

I haven’t heard of that particular deduction, but there very well could be, it’s gymnastics and there are deductions for everything. I’m not a coach or judge, just a parent. I think a flyaway should travel up instead of out so she probably gets a deduction for that, in addition to the early release from the bar, which makes the flyaway go out instead of up. Then there’s the form deductions and landing deductions.

It would be easier if there was a video to see. Also not a judge just a parent but often times its how it looks in the air more than where on the mat they land. Bars is all about Body shape and angles (angle of Handstand angle for the free hip etc)

I am also just a parent, but have never heard of a set deduction for going off the landing mat. I am also virtually certain that the layout flyaway should go up (more than out) so there could be deductions for that reason. If it is helpful for you to see, I can try to post my DD’s L7 bars here — the dismount was her strength. Just let me know....

My daughter keeps landing off the end of the landing mat after her flyaway dismount on bars in competition. Does anyone know what the deduction is for this?

There wouldn't really be a deduction for that. If it's shooting straight off the bar it could get this one though...

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 9.15.33 AM.png

It could also take form deductions as well as steps or a fall on the landing.

Most coaches adjust the mat so their athlete lands in the middle.

It would be easier if there was a video to see. Also not a judge just a parent but often times its how it looks in the air more than where on the mat they land. Bars is all about Body shape and angles (angle of Handstand angle for the free hip etc)
I didn’t get a video this time because the meet was virtual but she is going out and not up

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back