WAG Level 7 bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jard.the.gymnast

Coach
Gymnast
While i was looking for information for a thread on level 8 bars, i found this in the cheat sheet:
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1498282538.298544.jpg

Would it be possible to do a low-bar only level 7 routine? I think so because there is not a "minimum of 1 bar change", like there is for levels 6 and 8.
This is just out of curiosity, since i don't even live in the US, but i get curious very quickly!

I suppose you could, but any type of dismount would be pretty tricky. And seeing as a kid would have needed to do both low and high bar in 4 & 5, they should be well past any high bar anxiety- even if it's just to do a kip-cast flyaway.

I suppose you could, but any type of dismount would be pretty tricky. And seeing as a kid would have needed to do both low and high bar in 4 & 5, they should be well past any high bar anxiety- even if it's just to do a kip-cast flyaway.

That's what I was thinking. It would be tough to do the required dismount from the low bar. I suspect that the judges would be tougher on such a routine since the levels below 7 require a bar change.

How about jump to high bar from other side using spring? Can level 7 do a pirouette? It could be like a boys high bar routine. Interesting.

How about jump to high bar from other side using spring? Can level 7 do a pirouette? It could be like a boys high bar routine. Interesting.
I did think of that, but at level 7 you need 5 A and 2 B skills, so 7 skills total. While it would be possible on HB alone, I think it would make for some strange composition based on skills level 7s are typically capable of doing. Something like kip (jump from springboard in between bars)-cast handstand-clear hip handstand-giant-giant-flyaway would be missing a skill. Maybe they could do an extra kip after the clear hip, but that would be weird. You could get a little more difficult and do something like kch-toe on hs-clear hip hs-giant-giant-flyaway, but that would be a pretty challenging routine for the average level 7- possibly doable for a kid training TOPs skills or a very strong bar worker. But even then, they need a bar change in every other level so I'm not sure what the benefit of foregoing a low to high transition would be.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back