Level 7 Floor Requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter is a level 7. When her routine was completed it was with three tumbling passes. Now her gym has decided that all level 7's should only complete two tumbling passes even those that have been competing in level 7 for more than one year. Does this fufill all the requirements?

As others said--yes, it does fulfill it as long as one is backward tumbling and one forward. I've seen many girls here with just two passes. Our gym does it when girls are injured or just coming back--makes it easier on them.

Oh--I just saw this was your first post too--so welcome to the Chalkbucket!!

As the others have said, it is perfectly fine to have two passes, my dd did it successfully last year. Some would argue that it is better because that is one less pass to get deductions on!

2 tumbling passing is all that is required for level 7 (heck, if you can fit all the requirements and difficulty in, it is all that is required at level 9/10 too!) The "tradition" of having 3 passes seems to vary by Region. Here in Region 1, the vast majority of Level 7's do only 2 passes - RO,BHS,layout and FHS, FT or pike (occasionly FT-FT). The coaches and judges views out here tend to lean towards the "extra tumbling is only an opportunity for extra deduction". Heck, one of our level 8's won level 8 Regionals with only 2 tumbling passes!

My DD competed her first Level 7 meet last year with 2 passes (RO BHS LO, FHS FT). After that meet Coach decided she "needed" a 3rd tumbling pass as most girls that we saw in that meet (and subsequent meets) had 3 tumbling passes. She added RO BHS BT and scored over almost a point higher.

My DD competed with two passes this past season and scored high (her best floor 9.5). this year they gave her new music will be starting competing L7 but may move up to L8 so they have 3 tumble passes.

Hoping she will do as well with new routine as she has done with old routine.

Two is the way to go.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back