Level 7 front tumbling floor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hawaii_gymnast

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
On floor in level 7, do you have to have front handspring front tuck? what are other examples of stuff you could have?
Coming to US for competition next year and want to prepare.
My tumbling lines now are:
Front tuck step put round off back handspring back tuck
Round off back handspring back layout half
Front layout
Leaps:
Split leap side leap
I also have double turn.

What else do i need?
Thanks

In level 7 you need to have 2 forward elements connected and at least 1 has to be a flip. So you could do:

fronthandspring front tuck/pike/layout
front tuck/pike/layout front tuck/pike/layout
front tuck/pike/layout bounder

Most level 7's do front handspring front tucks, some do fronthandspring front pikes, and a few good tumblers do front handspring front layouts. Not many do the other 2, but they are possibilities. :) If you can do a punch layout, you could probably do a fronthandspring front tuck, at least :).

you could do a front tuck front tuck connected, and Im not sure if you can do this but you might beable to do like front tuck step out front handspring. Also you are not allowed to compete a double turn in level 7 usag but you can do a 1 1/2.

The previous posters were addressing the front tumbling requirement. You also need the backwards tumbling... most L7's do a RO BHS BT AND as a separate pass a RO BHS Layout.

But I think the punch front covers for not the plain layout! Coaches could you help us out here!!!!!!! Anyway for that meet you could just compete a lay out no a lay half.

A BACK layout is a required element in US level 7 floor routines.

Not a twisting layout, a plain layout. So the back layout 1/2 does not make the cut. I would suggest that you substitute your tuck with a layout. It's a nasty deduction otherwise.

Front tuck front tuck is something I saw a lot at states last month. It's a good pass for people who can punch well. I think that that pass would be good for you if you can do a front layout from a punch.

SO i am not allowed to do double turn? and if i do a round off back handspring back layout half, do i have to have just a RO Back handspring layout too?
Im so confused! it is so different here.. but one thing is for sure, my bars is going to suck! how much of a deduction is it it not have 2 circling elements (free hip/ giant)?

Well for bars it is a huge know in the start value!

As for floor you could just to a regular layout instead of the ro bhs 1/2. Also you are correct you can NOT do the double turn. You have sooo many choices for your front tumbling pass just try different combinations and see which one works best!

Okay thanks, its so different here. Here there are minimum requirements but nothing past that. There isnt a circling element needed on bars! you dont even need handstand.

So i am probably competeting a full this year on floor at the last meet if i can figure it out, but grrrr... i dont like your guys bars.

I know i can do floor and vault easily, beam is beam which i suck at and bars just makes me mad!!!!

What would be the start value for a routine without the circling elements, and do i have to have flyaway?

Okay thanks, its so different here. Here there are minimum requirements but nothing past that. There isnt a circling element needed on bars! you dont even need handstand.

So i am probably competeting a full this year on floor at the last meet if i can figure it out, but grrrr... i dont like your guys bars.

I know i can do floor and vault easily, beam is beam which i suck at and bars just makes me mad!!!!

What would be the start value for a routine without the circling elements, and do i have to have flyaway?

I couldn't tell you for sure on the circling elements via start value, but it's huge. Haven't you trained free hips in past levels? Also, you need I think it's 2 Bs and 4 A skills. (B-free hip, uprise, giant), it might be 4 Bs, but I'm thinking 2, since Level 8 is 4. I'm pretty sure you do need a dismount as a flyaway. What are your requirements in Hawaii for Level 7 bars? Do you not compete AAU or USAG?

I can do free hips in the strap bar but not on a regular bar. i am in Canada, its just i am coming to hawaii for competition next year. Right now my bar routine is:
kip, cast horizontal, back hip circle, sole circle, jump to high bar, uprise, long hang kip, straddle off half (i HATE flyaways).
So Canada is completly different the requirements on bars are to have 6A skills, and a swining skill (giant, upsrise, flyaway).
But i dont want to do level 6, because my floor and vault are past level 7! Its just bars is so different

I can do free hips in the strap bar but not on a regular bar. i am in Canada, its just i am coming to hawaii for competition next year. Right now my bar routine is:
kip, cast horizontal, back hip circle, sole circle, jump to high bar, uprise, long hang kip, straddle off half (i HATE flyaways).
So Canada is completly different the requirements on bars are to have 6A skills, and a swining skill (giant, upsrise, flyaway).
But i dont want to do level 6, because my floor and vault are past level 7! Its just bars is so different

Well I wish you the best of luck! Flyaways are scary at first, but not so bad once you have them :). Keep us posted!!!

You might want to just consider scratching bars. For level 7 you need two Bs, and you don't have any, you also have to have a salto dismount. In addition, level 7 rules now have big deductions for all casts that don't go to handstand.

Do i need to free hip circles instead of one and a giant or can i have one free hipe circle and an uprise?

You might want to just consider scratching bars. For level 7 you need two Bs, and you don't have any, you also have to have a salto dismount. In addition, level 7 rules now have big deductions for all casts that don't go to handstand.

Level 7 Requirement is NOT a handstand, but just below it. Level 8 is a handstand.

I'm quite certain that you can do one free hip to fufill your circling requirement.. many put one on low and one on high bar in case they do not get credit for one. then your uprise would count as your second B, where you would NOT need a giant.

In fact, you could just scratch the uprise and just do two free hips, if you can't get an uprise, that is. just a thought.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back