Level 7 questions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm competing level 7 down in phoenix this year in February and I'm wondering if I can do these skills when competing there:

1 1/2 backwards twist on floor
tsuk on vault
1/2 twist backwards to punch front on floor

also what sort of skills are level 7's doing on floor and vault?

anything helps (I'm not familiar with the code in the us because I'm from Canada)

1 1/2- no
tsuk- no
1/2 to punch front- yes but unnecessary

For floor, L7s have to do a layout and a front pass with a salto (normally FHS FT, FHS FP, or FHS FLO, although I've seen FT FT and FT FHS), as well as a leap pass (180* leap into another leap or jump) and at least a 1/1 turn. You need 5 As and 2 Bs.

On vault, almost everyone does a FHS. You're allowed to twist, but everything that is legal starts from a 10.

thanks i had no idea what its like competing in the us and what some of the requirements are. I guess Ill have to take out some skills then.

Your skills would put you into a level 8 category.. As the poster above mentioned 5As 2 Bs is all thats required. a back layout and Front handspring Front pass are basically it as far as tumbling.. You may see some twisting but 'More" is not necessarily the best thing to do in this level and usually get you more deductions.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back