Level 7 State Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Mack_the_Ripper

Well, I'm done competing now! It was my best meet of the season, but it still wasn't great. Ugh. It doesn't really look like my routines are going to get any cleaner, either...

UB - 8.675 - 2nd place; I finally made my giant with straight arms in competition! Yay! I've been doing it in practice for a while but I just get scared/"go safe" and not aggressive at meets. Clear hip wasn't to handstand though, and my flyaway was early.
BB- 8.75 - 1st place; I was so nervous in the warm-up my legs were shaking! I managed to connect my acro series, which I was nervous about, but then I fell on the full turn! Ugh! I stepped into it funny and my big toe got caught on the side of the beam.
FX - 8.9 - 2nd place; whoooooh! I finally fixed my legs being uneven in my leap and tour jèté! I had fun doing the routine, too.
VT - 8.8ish - 2nd place; vaults in the warm-up were good but I got nervous and slowed down on my first vault. They flashed the score after the first vault and it was 8.35, so I ran like dogs were after me on the second!

AA - 35.15 - 2nd place; My goal score for the season was to get a 35, so I met that! I almost met it once before but was like .15 too low or something. I was a little disappointed that my age group (15+) was so small because it feels like the places don't count, but at the same time, it doesn't seem fair either to put me in a 13+ age group since I'm 17 and I would be competing against mostly kids who are 4 years younger than me and haven't gone through puberty yet.

And on to level 8 (maybe)! Funnily enough I'm least worried about getting my floor skills. Beam is the issue...I'll probably have to do a FHS-cartwheel even though my cartwheels right now are not consistent (I was never able to do one properly, but then again I didn't have a great coach in level 5 either).

That sounds pretty great to me! Congratulations!!! I love how you found something to be proud of in every event! :) :) :)

Congratulations! You are a state champion and that is a wonderful achievement no matter how many girls you compete against! ANd I love your comment about floor that you had fun doing it! Again, congratulations and good luck with training the new skills!

Congrats on a terrific states and especially meeting your personal goal :) ! Time to conquer a new challenge and I look forward to hearing about it.

I'm 30 and have had to compete against 11 year olds. My next meet is April 28th and there's no age group for one of the levels I'm competing. It's not so bad. :) I'd prefer to compete against kids than to be in an age group all by myself and feel like I didn't earn my placements.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back