Parents Level 7-video help! lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for some help! My daughter (posts as Rainstar) posted a video of herself at training last week in the gymnast section. I can't post there (non gymnast, lol)

I know some of you subscribe to my youtube, and have already seen the video.

Ok, so here's where the *help* comes in. Could some of you post a reply, either here, or on youtube, please? It would mean so much to her..

She's been checking it everyday, and is happy about how many views she's gotten, but looks and sounds so discouraged about the lack of feedback.

YouTube - *R* in training! 1/31/09

Thank you...in advance!!

Canadian gym mom

Thank you Pixieflips, and everyone else who left a comment on youtube! you made my little girl feel like a star!

Canadian gym mom!

WOW - what a terrific little gymnast! She is so tight and had such good form. I love her floor routine and adorable music - perfect for her! Solid beam and bars routines too.

Good luck at your next meet!!

She looks great! I'm always interested to see the skills required at the Ontario and U.S. levels (we are in B.C) so that I can "convert" them to our Provincial levels, LOL!

Her cast to handstand and giants look lovely, and her layout fill is nice and tight - I'm sure she'll have a great season!

Lisa :)

Thank you gymgramma and Sparky!

Sparky, your daughter is P3 right? How does that compare, skills wise? I'd love to see video if you have some!

Bean would be P3 in the rest of Canada, though she possibly could fit into the pre novice national programme too, but that requires training specific skills that do not really fit into a group training situation.

Canadiangymmom,

I agree with bogwoppit - looks very similar to P3 here in B.C. - and yes my DD is P3 :).

I don't have any current video, although I was just dusting off our camera today to take to our next competition - I'll try and figure out how to post one after that :rolleyes: - my technical skill in that department is a little lacking......

Bars are definitely in the same range - same with vault, although at the beginning of the season a lot of the girls do 1/2 twist - some do 1/2 on 1/2 off....

Floor - interestingly, your dd's tumble lines are the same as my dd's :) - although she just got her layout full about two weeks ago.

Beam we do a connected flight series - most do BWO/BH and then a single BH with a two foot landing - then either a cartwheel backtuck dismount, or a RO backtuck.

Cheers!

Thanks Sparky and the ever resourceful Bog!

Bean's only been landing her fulls for a few weeks also. As recently as last week she came home and said she landed on her back!?! ACK! Not the thing to say to your slightly over-protective mom!!!

Hopefully, she'll land on her feet at her competition on Sat! Good news is, if it's looking iffy in warm up, her coach will likely just keep it out. Thank goodness for a loving coach!

I tried searching for P3 on youtube, but came up kind of dry. If you guys know of any links, let me know!

Thanks!

Thanks Bog!

The skills look similar, but the little girl in the video has more polish, I think. What's the difference though? Are the competitions different? I guess I'm just confused?! lol

I agree, gobbledy gook wouldn't help much. Can you help me understand, minus the gym lingo?

http://www.gymnastique.qc.ca/doc/2008-2009/00001741_CPP%20Charts%20EN%20-%20FINAL%20AUG%2008-09.pdf

The following is a document that shows P1 - P3, Bean could fit in P3 or P4 depending on the bonuses. But we see routines like hers in P3 commonly, not much twisting though!

I cannot find the documents for the pre novice programme, the gym canada site sucks that way.

This little girls routines show how they are more develomental, but still high level. She was 9 at the time.
YouTube - tintin987654321's Channel

Bean would fit in the programme too, but it requires coaching in a certain way, so not every club does it. It leads directly into the National Novice stream.

Thanks for sharing the document. Much as I thought, I didn't really understand:)

As far as I know, Bean's gym doesn't offer this program, but I like how they're coaching her, so I'm not going to fret over their choices regarding her training! She *loves* gym today, but she's 10, that could change!! I think about gym 1 season at a time!

Between you/me/chalk bucket/anyone in the world with web access, I hope she stays in it for a long time...*I* love the sport!!

Anything you don't get just ask, I tried to write it all out, but it's just so much info.

Looking at Bean and the way she is being trained, I think her coaches are great, she is progressing beautifully and with incredible form. Her skills are well executed and they are making sure she has her skills well before performing them. That is the best way for sure.

She has buckets of potential and can go far whilst having fun. There are many paths in gymnastics, and in Canada a child does not have to deal with the USAG selection system to go far.

As long as she is having fun, is healthy and you can cope it's all good, eh?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back