Don't Lurk... We've Got Answers!

New For 2022
MEMBERS ONLY Parent Group!
Join for FREE!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaby

Jun 18, 2022
My daughter just moved to a new gym for over one year now. I am not gymnastics coach and don’t know how specifically beam coach help optional gymnasts.

We have a beam coach . We observed for over one year. We only see the coach just watching the gymnasts , not providing any instructions.

I am wondering if this is the way how the beam coach works ? Or is it the beam coach not doing her job?

rlm's mom

Proud Parent
Aug 21, 2021
How often have you observed her? Was this at the beginning middle or end of practice? It does sound fishy but I wouldn’t jump to conclusions like this.
Have your DD and her teammates made any progress in the past year?

Coach Kate

Coach
Fan
Oct 13, 2021
That is definitely not normal. I have had the privilege to watch some excellent beam coaches in action, and they are very active and engaged.

Pineapple_Lump

Coach
Judge
Jan 31, 2008
You have made it very clear that you are not a fan of this coach (rightly or wrongly) in several posts.
You have a few options
-Speak to the owner/head coach
-Remove your child from the gym (which will really upset her based on previous posts)
- Let it go: it may not be ideal, but your child is happy at the gym and it sounds like even if it's not great coaching - it's not inherently dangerous or harmful

Gaby

Jun 18, 2022
That is true! No dangerous and harmful. Except for the low efficiency of practice ..especially wwhen you don’t expect too much . It is an ok gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.