Coaches Level 8/9/10 beam coaching

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gaby

Proud Parent
My daughter just moved to a new gym for over one year now. I am not gymnastics coach and don’t know how specifically beam coach help optional gymnasts.

We have a beam coach . We observed for over one year. We only see the coach just watching the gymnasts , not providing any instructions.

I am wondering if this is the way how the beam coach works ? Or is it the beam coach not doing her job?

How often have you observed her? Was this at the beginning middle or end of practice? It does sound fishy but I wouldn’t jump to conclusions like this.
Have your DD and her teammates made any progress in the past year?

That is definitely not normal. I have had the privilege to watch some excellent beam coaches in action, and they are very active and engaged.

You have made it very clear that you are not a fan of this coach (rightly or wrongly) in several posts.
You have a few options
-Speak to the owner/head coach
-Remove your child from the gym (which will really upset her based on previous posts)
- Let it go: it may not be ideal, but your child is happy at the gym and it sounds like even if it's not great coaching - it's not inherently dangerous or harmful

That is true! No dangerous and harmful. Except for the low efficiency of practice ..especially wwhen you don’t expect too much . It is an ok gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back