Level 8 bar dismount

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

No, that dismount is a C- and L8's are no longerallowedto do C's. (Except a pirouette and a clear hip hs- nad C dance on Beam & Floor). Its the dumbest rule change the committe has done is forever!

Are pike off underswing dismounts (also with1/2 turn) of any value in 8?

No, because it has to be a hecht or salto. A couple years ago they decided to make hecht dismounts allowable, so that could be an option.

I hadn't even thought of this bar dismount issue re: the no Cs in L8 rule.

As I just mentioned on another thread, you could do a half or full twisting layout, both are Bs.

I think the rule changes stink too, wish they would of stayed how they were - oh well! :rolleyes:

Is there a website somewhere that lists what value different moves have?

I have a list of skill values that is sort of outdated since the current rules when into affect and the website that it was from doesnt' have a page up anymore. There has got to be something out there somewhere...

Anyone, anyone, Bueller, Bueller.... ;)

As I just mentioned on another thread, you could do a half or full twisting layout, both are Bs.

Well, I suspect the problem is the gymnast is having issues doing a back flyaway. Toe fronts, while technically harder, are less scary for some gymnasts.

If the gymnast will do a front flyaway (also less scary for some, hard to hit the bar when you're not coming from a front giant), the most easy way I see around needing a substitute for a back flyaway is to do the high bar, instead of flyaway go into an early blind/half turn (like the 5 dismount, no push off), do the front swing, right into the front flyaway. Should not be an extra swing though it's possible the half turn could get amplitude deductions.

Edit: also, common optional dismounts and values:
-layout flyaway A
-layout half/full B
-1.5 or double C
-double back (tuck/pike) C
-toe front C

So the layout 1/2 or full meets minimum 9 requirements and the C dismounts meet min L10 reqs

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back