DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd is doing the following and I am wondering too if it is "up to level":

BHS/RO series
BT
jump series (I don't know what)
turn
FLO dismount
As long as jump series is 2 B’s, no up to level dance deduction. No dismount up to level deduction. Acro level 0.05 deduction, because only 3 acro skills on beam. Love the RO BHS series, by the way.

Acro up to level deduction is 0.1.(because of series) Not completely sure what “switch split changement” means, but if it’s switch leap/beat jump then will be 0.1 dance up to level deduction because need 2 dance B’s for no deduction. No up to level ded on dismount, as long as FLO is punch from two feet.
Quick question...how does her mount get counted? Her coach had been checking around because it isn't common and most of the other kids do a press handstand which is a B. She thought her mount would be a C which I know isn't counted as such for a L8 routine but it's harder to do than a press. My DD struggles with the control needed for a nice press HS that won't get deductions and somehow her cast handstand is much better.

Quick question...how does her mount get counted? Her coach had been checking around because it isn't common and most of the other kids do a press handstand which is a B. She thought her mount would be a C which I know isn't counted as such for a L8 routine but it's harder to do than a press. My DD struggles with the control needed for a nice press HS that won't get deductions and somehow her cast handstand is much better.
I think it would also be a B. Jump, press or swing to cast handstand mount is B, I would consider a cast handstand to be a swing to handstand. It does count (and all acro mounts like press handstand) as an acro skill towards composition. In your daughters routine the composition deduction comes from the series, no amount of additional acro skills can eliminate that 0.1 deduction for not having a 2 B flight skill series. It will also be counted as a B in the routine when counting skills needed - 4 A's and 4 B's.

I think it would also be a B. Jump, press or swing to cast handstand mount is B, I would consider a cast handstand to be a swing to handstand. It does count (and all acro mounts like press handstand) as an acro skill towards composition. In your daughters routine the composition deduction comes from the series, no amount of additional acro skills can eliminate that 0.1 deduction for not having a 2 B flight skill series. It will also be counted as a B in the routine when counting skills needed - 4 A's and 4 B's.
Thanks for the help understanding! L8 is a whole new experience for us this year :) The connected flight is a work in progress!

I want to play :p

Press mount
front walkover
Switch leap
Split jump to some sort of jump turn thing :rolleyes:
Full turn (trying to get the 1.5 consistent)
Backhandspring backhandspring series to backtuck or layout dismount.

Are we good?

I want to play :p

Press mount
front walkover
Switch leap
Split jump to some sort of jump turn thing :rolleyes:
Full turn (trying to get the 1.5 consistent)
Backhandspring backhandspring series to backtuck or layout dismount.

Are we good?
No up to level deductions. Full turn is enough since two other B’s already.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back