Level 8 Beam Dismounts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think this is fine. The acro series must start and end on the beam (i.e. you can't do a BHS-layout dismount and call it an acro series), but since BHS-BHS starts and ends on the beam, it counts even if she connects a dismount out of it.

Exactly what Mack said. It would count! It'd probably be easier, that way she doesn't have to stick her series but can just do her dismount instead.

I asked this same question a few months ago because my dd is training the same thing. The one item that was brought up at that time was the lack of forward or sideward element deduction that the judges can take. I think they are going to be willing to give up the .1 to have the series connected to the dismount We'll see. She has plenty of a's & b's but they might throw in a front walkover to get that front element - depends on if they think she will lose more than .1 on the front walkover.

Her mount is straddle split on beam (horizontal) turn press to handstand (vertical) then pivots in handstand (back horizontal) and splits down on to the beam. Would this count as a forward or sideward element if part of her mount?

Her mount is straddle split on beam (horizontal) turn press to handstand (vertical) then pivots in handstand (back horizontal) and splits down on to the beam. Would this count as a forward or sideward element if part of her mount?
Nope. To avoid .1 small deduction, she should have a forward or sideways acro element in her routine. Front walk over, front handspring, roundoff, even a cartwheel.

My Dd does a FWO/BHS and also the BHS/BHS BT dismount. I never knew why and now I do. Thanks Fuzi :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back