Don't Lurk... We've Got Answers!

New For 2022
MEMBERS ONLY Parent Group!
Join for FREE!
Status
Not open for further replies.

gymmom01

Feb 12, 2022
My daughter is a new level 8 this year and I am still trying to understand the requirements and deductions for beam. Her routine :

full turn
BHS-BHS
Sissone
Back tuck
split jump connected to a tuck jump w/ a 3/4 turn
front tuck dismount.

She has had a mental block with the round-off part of the round-off back tuck dismount. Last year in level 7 she did a cartwheel- back tuck dismount. Is there an up-to-level deduction for just doing the front tuck dismount? what would that deduction be? Also, how much of a deduction is there if there is a wobble between the split jump- tuck jump turn ? TIA!

JBS

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Sep 3, 2005
Wisconsin
Welcome to the site! This is all from my wife...

Is there an up-to-level deduction for just doing the front tuck dismount?

Isolated "A" dismount... .01

Also, how much of a deduction is there if there is a wobble between the split jump- tuck jump turn ?

If it breaks the connection... that would be .02

Then there would still be more deductions for the wobble itself.

gymmom01

Feb 12, 2022
Welcome to the site! This is all from my wife...

Isolated "A" dismount... .01

If it breaks the connection... that would be .02

Then there would still be more deductions for the wobble itself.
Thank you that helps a lot!

Coach Kate

Coach
Fan
Oct 13, 2021
I know in Xcel, when they need a dance series, a split, and a B skill, a lot of ours do a simple dance series with the split (split jump, beat jump), and then the B jump on its own (tuck 3/4), and it tends to be easier for them to score well on. We actually changed the way we were doing it ( like your daughter split jump, tuck 3/4) based on feedback we got from judges. But our gym only does Xcel, so I'm not sure if you need a B element in your dance series for level 8. And if the split is 180, then I believe it's still a B in DP, so it would be a B+B combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.