Parents Level 8 Beam Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter is a new level 8 this year and I am still trying to understand the requirements and deductions for beam. Her routine :

full turn
BHS-BHS
Sissone
Back tuck
split jump connected to a tuck jump w/ a 3/4 turn
front tuck dismount.

She has had a mental block with the round-off part of the round-off back tuck dismount. Last year in level 7 she did a cartwheel- back tuck dismount. Is there an up-to-level deduction for just doing the front tuck dismount? what would that deduction be? Also, how much of a deduction is there if there is a wobble between the split jump- tuck jump turn ? TIA!

Welcome to the site! This is all from my wife...

Is there an up-to-level deduction for just doing the front tuck dismount?

Isolated "A" dismount... .01

Also, how much of a deduction is there if there is a wobble between the split jump- tuck jump turn ?

If it breaks the connection... that would be .02

Then there would still be more deductions for the wobble itself.

I know in Xcel, when they need a dance series, a split, and a B skill, a lot of ours do a simple dance series with the split (split jump, beat jump), and then the B jump on its own (tuck 3/4), and it tends to be easier for them to score well on. We actually changed the way we were doing it ( like your daughter split jump, tuck 3/4) based on feedback we got from judges. But our gym only does Xcel, so I'm not sure if you need a B element in your dance series for level 8. And if the split is 180, then I believe it's still a B in DP, so it would be a B+B combination.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back