Coaches Level 8 Beam series options

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Valentin

Coach
Hello,

I am relative new to coaching Beam, actually its my first year in 10 years of coaching haha, so I am definitely behind the ball on it. I have a level 8 that can do BHS-BHS series which is ideal, but she is kinda on her way out, and the connection has been nothing but headache for her so to get her competing while being in the final stages of recovering from ACL tear, and surgery I am not pushing it. Anyways she has been competing this season HS step-down BHS and it has been recognized as a series however .. At the last meet the beam judges didn't pay the series and said its not recognized at level 8. Could a judge please clarify for me where I can find this rule? Or what is acceptable or not
He have 2 weeks till state to come up with a new series and for now we are toying with tick-tock-BHS or Front walkover-BHS.. would those be legitimate series for Level 8?
All help welcome.

Thanks

If she doesn't hold the handstand two seconds it wouldn't count as an element and therefore not as a series. If held two seconds I think it should count though.

She can't do a back walkover?

HS BHS is acceptable in L7 but not in L8.

JO Code p. 158.

Tick-tock BHS, FWO BHS, and BWO BHS are all acceptable series.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back