Coaches Level 8 Beam Series

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

bailsandblinds

Coach
Proud Parent
Judge
I have an athlete who is struggling with her handspring handspring connection, but can pull off back tuck into back hand and 2 fluid back tucks. What actually qualifies as a series of these, if any? Looking for constructive feedback!

Connecting something out of a tuck is really hard because there can be no pause in a backward acro flight connection or series is broken, and the arms cannot move past the thighs when landing the first and swinging for the second skill or series is broken. Level 8's can't do tuck/tuck because they are only allowed one c, second c would receive no credit, so no series. Tuck to bhs could work if connection isn't broken.

Connecting something out of a tuck is really hard because there can be no pause in a backward acro flight connection or series is broken, and the arms cannot move past the thighs when landing the first and swinging for the second skill or series is broken. Level 8's can't do tuck/tuck because they are only allowed one c, second c would receive no credit, so no series. Tuck to bhs could work if connection isn't broken.

Thank you! This is my first year coaching level 8's. I will upload a video today and post it here to to message to verify if connection would be given.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back