Level 8 floor Music How long??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
Ok so I need to know how long floor music needs to be for Level 8 my cousin is working on cutting some for my DD to use next year. he wants to work on a few cuts for her but we are unsure how long forgot to ask coach.
Thanks

Less than 1:30 from the time she starts moving to the last note. Most music tends to be in the 1:20-1:30 range.

Many level 8 coaches prefer their gymnasts to use music between 1:18-1:22 because the less time you're on the floor, the less deductions you'll get! As you move up in the levels and your coaches add more elements to your routine, you can choose floor music that's longer.

If she has good form I suggest a bit longer to get a couple breathers in otherwise if the form is ok or poor do as musical-designs said and shorten it. Talk to the coaches about it they can give pretty specific times depending on the gymnast.

I've been wondering about this too. My dd wants a new routine this summer, but isn't sure on whether she'll do 7 or 8 next year. I was wondering how many 8s have only two tumbling passes. All the 7s at her gym do 2. At her old gym, there was a girl who scored really well on floor at level 8 with only two passes. Is this common? Will judges deduct for not up to the level of competition if she only does two passes?

i am a level 8 and my floor routine is exactly 1:00 long and the longest level 8 routine in our gym so far is 1:14, most level 8s do 3 passes, but i would ask the coach.

I've been wondering about this too. My dd wants a new routine this summer, but isn't sure on whether she'll do 7 or 8 next year. I was wondering how many 8s have only two tumbling passes. All the 7s at her gym do 2. At her old gym, there was a girl who scored really well on floor at level 8 with only two passes. Is this common? Will judges deduct for not up to the level of competition if she only does two passes?

It's not even common here for L7s to only do two passes (this is a phenomenon I've completely picked up from youtube and message boards...I bet I know many people here for whom a two pass L7 routine would not even occur. The vast majority of our L7s are doing that back tuck at the end).

But I'm not sure that two passes in L8 is common anywhere. I think a compositional deduction would be likely, although I admit I don't know much about that stuff. L8=3 passes to me, though.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back