WAG Level 8 floor question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flyinghigh

Proud Parent
can someone clarify something for me? With all the new deductions for level 8 I’m just trying to understand it all. My daughter is repeating level 8 due to being off 5 months due to surgery and just coming back. The “no deduction” for 3 passes is a B in each pass or a B in two passes and a A A direct in one pass. It’s a .05 deduction for a A A indirect pass.
Her passes are front full (C used as a B) , RO back full, and was planning front thru RO BT for a pass. Is that an indirect due to the RO or is a round off a A for a direct?

She can do front handspring front pike instead, she did that last year.

These new deductions are mind boggling!! I won’t even get started on beam.

Direct connection on floor means saltos connected. So yes, 0.05 ded for passes described. But she can’t replace that pass with just a FHS pike, needs the FT RO back tuck for her two salto pass special requirement.

Direct connection on floor means saltos connected. So yes, 0.05 ded for passes described. But she can’t replace that pass with just a FHS pike, needs the FT RO back tuck for her two salto pass special requirement.
So a front tuck round off back tuck would cover the two A A direct requirement for her third pass? That’s what she’s planning on using, first choice That’s direct, not indirect? Thank you so much. I appreciate it.

So a front tuck round off back tuck would cover the two A A direct requirement for her third pass? That’s what she’s planning on using, first choice That’s direct, not indirect? Thank you so much. I appreciate it.

Actually she’s doing a front thru (front tuck step out) round off back tuck so a front tuck with feet not together

No, for direct connection two saltos must be immediately connected, like front layout/front tuck. The round off makes it indirect.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back