Coaches Level 8 Floor Requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymcoach4

Coach
Proud Parent
Question about level 8 floor requirements - I haven't coached floor in a few years so I'm not very familiar with requirements. Another coach told me they thought a twisting element was required (back 1/2 or full), but from what I read these are the requirements along with 4 A's and 4 B's:
  • One Acro Series with 2 saltos or 2 directly connected saltos (the saltos can be the same or different)- An example would be front tuck- round off- back handspring- back tuck
  • Three different saltos (can be isolated or in a series)
  • A dance passage with a minimum of two different leaps, jumps or hops, one of which is a leap with a 180 degree cross or side split–they can be directly or indirectly connected
  • The last isolated salto or last salto connection must have at least an “A” valued salto element (A front or back tuck is an “A” valued salto)

There is no requirement of a twisting salto anywhere...correct???

No, a twisting salto is not required, however the top level 8 routines (the routines that do not receive any deduction for "up to level") will usually have a back 1/2 and/or back 1/1 and a "B" tumbling skill in every tumbling pass.

You can meet the requirements without it though. I have a gymnast right now who just "can't" twist. She'll probably do round-off + BHS + layout and front pike + front lay. 3 saltos, a pass with two saltos, and a minimum "A" salto in the last tumbling pass.

My level 8 had a fear of tumbling backwards, which obviously made the task of trying to do a full or late 1/2 difficult. We are planning on Front Pike + Front Tuck and an Arabian.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back