WAG Level 8 floor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi! I am wondering if someone can help me understand composition deductions for 8 floor? My daughter may compete FH front Full for pass 1 and then FT RO BLO for pass two and then FH FLO for pass three. Does this meet the composition requirements for the tumbling? Thank you!

Hi! I am wondering if someone can help me understand composition deductions for 8 floor? My daughter may compete FH front Full for pass 1 and then FT RO BLO for pass two and then FH FLO for pass three. Does this meet the composition requirements for the tumbling? Thank you!
I don’t think so. But I could be totally wrong My daughter did ro bh 1.5, flo flo, and then ro bh full….
I know there has to be two saltos connected … so she might have to add to her last pass?? Fh flo f tuck or f pike??

Others may know more though

The compositional deduction guidelines for Level 8 in a 3 pass routine say for each pass you need these minimum saltos:
No deductions = B, B, B or B, B, A+A direct
0.05 deduction = B, B, A+A indirect
0.1 deduction = B, A+A direct, A or B, B, A
.15 deduction = B, A+A indirect, A
.20 deduction = no B

Also, note that the order of passes matters because there is also a compositional deduction for last isolated salto or salto within the last acro connection not up to level
No deduction = B
.05 deduction = A+A (direct or indirect)
.10 deduction = A or non-salto flight

That's what the Code of Points says. Caveat I'm not a judge or coach, but I think your daughter's pass #2 is A+A indirect so would fall in the 0.05 deduction. I
I find it fun to know the deductions to understand how the scoring works, but I'll add that if the coach is ok with it and that's what works for your daughter, it's not worth worrying about in my opinion.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back