MAG Level 8 numbers

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
I think your state is something of an outlier, J&A. You must have a couple of gyms there that have really pushed L8 and trained the dickens out of their guys. Most states have significantly more L9s than L8s.

Reactions: sce
Actually it must be regional - our entire region has always (well, the 7 years my kids competed) had significantly more L8s and L10s than L9s - in fact very few 9s usually and fewer this year as most potential 9s got pushed to L10, JD or out of competition with the new age limits. Still a few young L9s hot shots (we are the smallest region with the fewest coaches....it makes perfect sense that in such a region its harder for kids to move quickly through the levels - very few future stars programs, some states with only a couple of mens teams total...)

Very interesting thread as it points out how very different gymnastics is across regions...

That's the usual pattern -- more 8s and 10s (with the broader age range) than 9s. This year, though, every region I have bothered to check has more 9s than 8s.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back