Level 8 states

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flipper's fan

Proud Parent
This good luck forum has been very good to my flipper. She has been trying to clean up some of her stuff, and that often leads to two steps backwards to make one leap forward. She is working so hard and getting a little frustrated, which is ok.
She is in a really tough field and the largest age group. She would be so happy to get at least a 34 AA. She isn't setting her sights on regionals but of course she would love to qualify to that too.
Can we all just send her a 34 AA wish? Thanks so much for all you do.

Wow, good luck Flipper!!! I could have written your post. My dd is getting ready for L8 states and is taking a few steps back. She really improved her free hip and now can't connect it to the squat on. Grrr! Like your dd her goal is not regionals, but improving. She had a 34.65 last meet and that was her highest by far. She did not compete her tsuk. It is not very good and she hurt her foot. She did a fhspring and it scored higher than any tsuk she ever did. So that helped the aa. Anyway, sorry to babble on. GOOD LUCK!!

Also sending a lot of good luck vibes flipper's way! May the vibes bring that 34 AA score she's looking for. :)

Today is the day. She has been working very hard and is truly deserving of all the good wishes you have sent. Thanks again and I'll report back soon.

Again, many thanks for your kind good wishes. She did not get her 34, or even come close....BUT her coach told her to " go big or go home" and she went all out on everything. She is very happy with the outcome. On vault, she has played it safe all year- bailed on her tsuk and done a RO full if the tsuk wasn't there. She did the tsuk and did not bail- but landed on her knees and took a 0. She didn't care- was proud that she went for it. Bars was perfectly normal for her and she was happy .Beam- she NEVER falls off the beam. She has connected her BHS series half the time this season. She was determined to connect, and she took a SPECTACULAR fall on her second BHS- I was terrified-every part of her body hit the beam- got right back up! Nailed the rest of the routine. Hurt her ankle, and missed her leap series on floor. Went BIG on everything else. Overall, a big success, in her eyes. Thank you all again!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back