Parents Level 8 Vaults

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cmg

Proud Parent
My daughter wants to compete a front handspring entry with just a front handspring vault. It is not listed as an option in the JO code of points for level 8. Does anyone know if she can compete that vault and what the start value would be?? She is a front tumbler and will eventually do the level 9/10 front vaults but needs to get through level 8 first. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Do you perhaps mean a front handspring onto the board, and then a front handspring over the vault? Like this, but without the extra front tuck at the end:

In general, vaults with the front handspring onto the board are given a start value that is .1 higher than the "basic" version (just running and hurdling).

For example, in level 10, a tsuk pike is worth 9.7, and a zuhlke (front handspring onto board, 1/4 to 1/2 twist, back pike) is worth 9.8.

front handspring-front tuck is 9.7, front handspring on board-front handspring-front tuck is 9.8

front handspring-front pike is 9.8, front handspring on board-front handspring-front pike is 9.9

Since a regular handspring is a 9.0 in level 8, I would guess front-handspring on board-front handspring would be worth 9.1. Personally, I'd rank it a bit higher for level 8, maybe a 9.2 or 9.3.

Your best bet would be to have your coach contact your regional judging director to see if it would be allowed and to officially determine a start value.

Thanks that was very helpful. I was curious myself and will have my daughter work with her coach.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back