WAG Level 8

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kassgymnast_

Gymnast
Last level 8 question. I’m trying to figure out start values so we can start to put together my routines on each event.

So if anyone can figure out what my start values on each event would be, that would be really helpful!!!

VT:
Tuck Tsuk
or
Pike Tsuk

UB:
Kip
CHS 1/2 pirouette
Kip
Squat on
Kip
Giant
Giant
Layout flyaway

BB:
bwo bhs or bhs bhs
full turn
standing bt
switch leap, sissone
split jump, split jump
bhs bt or bwo bt dismount

FX:
robhs full
fhs front pike
robhslo or 1 1/2
1/1 turn with leg in horizontal
switch leap, straddle jump
wolf full, split full

Vault needs to be a pike to start at 10.0. It's a 9.8 if a tuck.
You need a free hip in your bars or you'll lose something - not sure how much, but it's a requirement to have a free hip, stalder or toe hand in your routine
Your beam is a 10.0
Your floor you need a pass w/ two saltos (like ft+ro+bhs+bt/blo or ft+fp) in the same pass or you'll lose .5...

Vault needs to be a pike to start at 10.0. It's a 9.8 if a tuck.
You need a free hip in your bars or you'll lose something - not sure how much, but it's a requirement to have a free hip, stalder or toe hand in your routine
Your beam is a 10.0
Your floor you need a pass w/ two saltos (like ft+ro+bhs+bt/blo or ft+fp) in the same pass or you'll lose .5...

ah. okay about the floor. i completely forgot about that, but i’m doing ft fp. I wasn’t sure a free hip was required on bars though? I was pretty sure it needed to be a circling element, which giants fulfill, but i could be wrong.

ah. okay about the floor. i completely forgot about that, but i’m doing ft fp. I wasn’t sure a free hip was required on bars though? I was pretty sure it needed to be a circling element, which giants fulfill, but i could be wrong.
It has to be a free circling element from certain groups (3, 6 and 7 I believe). Those are the groups of free hips, toe shoots and stalders

A circling element from group 3 (clear hips), 6 (stalders), or 7 (toe circles and inside stalders ish) is required. A giant is group 4/5 (back/front) so does not fulfill the requirement.

Doesn't she also need a side or front tumbling element on the beam? I thought all tumbling couldn't be in the same direction (in this case....backwards.) If so, switching the dismount to a round-off, back tuck would resolve it.

Others more knowledgable, please chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

Doesn't she also need a side or front tumbling element on the beam? I thought all tumbling couldn't be in the same direction (in this case....backwards.) If so, switching the dismount to a round-off, back tuck would resolve it.

It is a deduction not to have tumbling in different directions (I believe 0.1), but it isn't a requirement to have it

for the front tumbling element, would i have to be a flight? Or could it be something like a front walkover or tick tock?

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back