WAG Level 9/10 Changes?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DefiniteMaybe

Proud Parent
Sorry! I cannot find the recent thread about new requirements for difficulty in levels 9 and 10? Something like a deduction for not being up to the appropriate level of difficulty maybe?
Can somebody help me out?

Sorry! I cannot find the recent thread about new requirements for difficulty in levels 9 and 10? Something like a deduction for not being up to the appropriate level of difficulty maybe? Can somebody help me out?

https://usagym.org/PDFs/Women/Committee Minutes/NJOC/level9_10_guidelines17.pdf

There was a post for it on the L10 group but it doesn't look like your a member there. Perhaps there was one on the L8/9 group as well? I don't recall seeing one on the public forums. and a quick scan back didn't reveal any but I could have missed it.

I think there is already an not up-to-level deduction for levels 8,9 and 10. Will that deduction get heavier or something?

They clarified the deductions for different combinations of skills that are considered not up to competitive level for bars/beam and what the deductions values are

My understanding is that this has been a deduction for a while but there weren't any guidelines so it wasnt applied consistently by judges if they used it at all. So this just adds clarity of expectations and examples so judges can properly apply the deduction.

It's only an up to .2 deduction with that max deduction being reserved for routines that not only don't start from a 10 but are also just meeting the requirements with the minimum skills they can get away with. It is a way to ensure that just because a routine meets the requirements they aren't being rewarded for doing the easiest skills they can get away with.

From my experience watching lots of routines there is a difference between just barely meeting the requirements and meeting the requirements with skills appropriate to the level and in line with what the other best routines are. It doesn't mean you need to make the requirments different just a way to differentiate those just barely meeting the requirements from those doing more difficulty just like the other compositional deductions like getting all your bonus from dance or tumbling in different directions or balancing difficulty across your routine. There are lots of these kinds of deductions.

Yes. Sounds like you're unsure? If so, sorry for making you feel that way!

I believe we have a boys parent or two in the group already, but I'm not 100% sure who's who.

Yes, send a message to one of the mods, and as long as you're an active CB member they should you in. It could take a few days if no one is online.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back