WAG Level 9 Acro series connection with side Ariel

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnast28

Gymnast
Hey I’m a level 8 gymnast tryna go 9 next season but am struggling to find an acro series. I did backwalk backhand as my series this year, and was gonna do backhand back layout for 9. The whole reason I didn’t put backhand backhand in my 8 beam routine is because I place my hands really weird causing it to be hard for me to step in from a backhand. I thought with time and some numbers on low beam it would sort itself out but it hasn’t.

Anyways, I have really strong side Ariel’s on beam does anyone have any good suggestions for an acro series with side Ariel in it.

Maybe ariel step through to roundoff? I think I saw someone online do that. I dont think you can do Ariel Ariel till level 10.

You can do 1 acro D/E in level 9 so side aerial leg swing through to round-off(or dive cartwheel) is ok. Could also do dive cartwheel swing through to aerial. Have also seen side aerial/layout step-out and side aerial/back handspring series.

My daughter does a side aerial back handspring. It's a pretty series. The challenge with it, according to her, is that it's harder in general when your no-hand element is first in a series, b/c it's harder to land, thus riskier to use as the set up for the series. I wonder if in L9 you could do the aerial as the second skill? Good luck!

Does anyone know if it would be possible to get connection credit for a bad leg back handspring step-out swing through side aerial?

Now I am curious. I did backhandspring layout stepout in level 9, and I know it work in level 10- but does side aerial backhandspring or side aerial roundoff count as a level 10 series as well as level 9?

One of our 8s does bad leg backhand spring, swing through to round off and scores well, you could swap that for an aerial (which I bet is what she does next year)

I am a level 9 gymnast and I am currently competing in aerial round-off as my connection. Now yes you do get credit for this but if you wobble or stop at all on the aerial before the round-off, then you don't get credit. I have only got the credit for it one time for this reason. So currently I am working on a new connection, BHS switch leg to aerial. I find this much easier to connect without stopping. So just keep that in mind when choosing a connection, make sure you can easily connect it consistently:)

Now yes you do get credit for this but if you wobble or stop at all on the aerial before the round-off, then you don't get credit. I have only got the credit for it one time for this reason.

This tends to be the problem with a lot of the connections where you have to swing the leg through to the next skill (cartwheel RO, aerial RO, BHS step through to RO etc) That step through part has to be constant motion. My kiddo did CW RO for a series for over a year and early on it was very difficult to get credit for it. Some of the skills that have a more natural progression of movement instead of changing directions are easier to get that connection for (like aeriel BHS, BHS BHS, RO BHS etc)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back