WAG Level 9 bar requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

John

Proud Parent
Can some one in the know help me with a level 9 bars question?

My daughter and her bestie were just told that they need two release moves in level 9, one from high to low and one from low to high. They assumed a squat on job to high bar was all they needed instead of a low to high release type move?

Thanks

I think they just need 2 bar changes, so the squat on jump to hb works. In 9, the LA 180 turn can replace a release.

Attachments

• 95037564-0F28-439B-BC31-B88AE1E1ECFE.png
    95037564-0F28-439B-BC31-B88AE1E1ECFE.png
    491.5 KB · Views: 130
I think they just need 2 bar changes, so the squat on jump to hb works. In 9, the LA 180 turn can replace a release.
Thanks for this! So if they are doing a pak, will a pirouette out of the pak meet the requirements or do they have to do the half thing (blind half, giant half--I forget what it's called)?

Thanks for this! So if they are doing a pak, will a pirouette out of the pak meet the requirements or do they have to do the half thing (blind half, giant half--I forget what it's called)?
My daughter did the Pak into the pirouette and started from a 9.9. She could’ve added one more element for a .10 connection bonus, but her coach kept it safe.

Mine is mount highbar, cast handstand, clear hip to pak, cast pirouette cast squat on jump to high bar giant giant double back dismount. I posted a video someone on here.

My daughter did the Pak into the pirouette and started from a 9.9. She could’ve added one more element for a .10 connection bonus, but her coach kept it safe.
Good to know. That's what our coach is doing too. I think for a first year level 9 it is reasonable??

Mine is mount highbar, cast handstand, clear hip to pak, cast pirouette cast squat on jump to high bar giant giant double back dismount. I posted a video someone on here.
Yes, I saw! My daughter has the same routine, but I'm not even sure she will do the clear hip at the first meet. I think he will have her do the clear hip, giant, giant double back dismount when she transitions back to high bar for the first few meets. I'm not sure if this lowers her SV. Who knows?? These levels are way above my head.

I'm not sure if you meant this but just wanted to clarify that there is no bonus in this as it is not directly connected. It covers the two special requirements(B flight and turn or C flight) but routine would only start at a 9.9 if 2 tenths of connection bonus earned elsewhere in the routine.

Can some one in the know help me with a level 9 bars question?

My daughter and her bestie were just told that they need two release moves in level 9, one from high to low and one from low to high. They assumed a squat on job to high bar was all they needed instead of a low to high release type move?

Thanks
Are they saying the girls need it to have a 10.0 start value or to compete level nine for the season?

No, out of the blue he told them last night jump to high bar was not going to count they needed to add a toe shoot.

Nothing the compete what they have. I just wanted to know if the jump to high bar was enough.

Some will compete level 8 routine with upgraded dismount while they finish working out the level 9 routine.

Two release moves only needed in level 9 if there is no turning element (pirouette/blind etc). It is written in the code as LA turn, maybe the coach isn't sure what that means? It isn't exactly English. Other possibility is coach may think 2 bar changes means 2 release moves, but as others pointed out, squat on jump to high counts as a bar change.

She only has one tenth of bonus, so the coach is obviously trying to get more bonus or she won't be competitive . You need 3 but 2 is doable. I wouldn't compete it either. half pirouette to toe Hecht would add another tenth. or free hip direct to double back will do the same.

Thanks for the "unkind" words. I am sure "you" would not compete it.

She has always been behind on bars. She is proud of herself and I am extremely proud of her.
He is not saying anything negative about your child. He is simply agreeing with her coach, and telling you what options are out there, which her coach doesn’t seem to have done. And as tone cannot be heard in writing, for the record I am being nice, not rude.

Thanks for the "unkind" words. I am sure "you" would not compete it.

She has always been behind on bars. She is proud of herself and I am extremely proud of her.
You asked the public for info , I replied ... I gave you an explanation and a potential solution . Also Not competing is the ultimate motivator .

You asked the public for info , I replied ... I gave you an explanation and a potential solution . Also Not competing is the ultimate motivator .

We can agree to disagree. You are nothing more than another example of the old guard in gymnastics. One day possibly we can cross paths and have a beer.

I'm not sure if you meant this but just wanted to clarify that there is no bonus in this as it is not directly connected. It covers the two special requirements(B flight and turn or C flight) but routine would only start at a 9.9 if 2 tenths of connection bonus earned elsewhere in the routine.
yes, you are totally right, that is what I meant, without typing the whole routine. LOL Thanks for clarifying! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back