level 9 bar routines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

R

RileyKay

i will be a level 9 next year
what are some skills i will need to have for bars??

First of all, Great job! Progressing to level 9 is a big step in gymnastics, you are obviously both committed and talented. Most people never make it that far.

Thie differences in bars for level 9, to level 8 are as follows (These will be the differences from the 2009/2010 competition season which is the one I am pressuming you are wrking towards)

1. You need 2 bar changes in your routine, but in level 8 you only needed 1.
2. You need a flight element that is at least B value
3. You need either a second different flight element that is at least C value or an element with a 180 turn that is at least C value
4. You need a B value dismount (in level 8 you only needed an A)

Also in level 9 your routine is not automatically out of 10, it is out of 9.7 if you have all the base requirements. You must make up the extra 0.3 in connections.

My daughter does kip,squat on.Jump to highbar.1/2 pirouette,kip,cast,overshoot.Kip,squat on.Giant,giant,doubleback.Her SV is 9.7.

If we're giving example routines, then my base routine last year was:
kip squat on, straddle back, kip cast hand, clear hip hand, toe hecht, kip cast hand, giant, giant, flyaway full (9.8 SV)

and I'm working toward:
kip squat on, kip cast hand, clear hip hand, blind to overgrip, bail, kip squat on, kch, giant, giant flyaway full (10 SV)

Umm, sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is a bail? I've heard it used for bars before, but the only thing I can think of is like bailing out of a skill (very bad to do), so I'm assuming that that's not correct.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back