level 9 beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

K

krazykidzmom

Hammy will probably know these questions....is a bh/bt the same value as a bh/blo? What about a double twist dismount? Is a 1 1/2 the same value? She can do her side ariel and working the front. Are they the same value? Thanks!

I believe the bh/blo is worth more than the bh/bt, but I'd have to double check. As far as the other two (dismount and ariels) I'd have to check. Beam was never my strong point, so I only did the minimum of what was required of me, and it's been a while since I've competed. I'll be back in the gym Friday night, so I will check then. In the mean time, I will try to find it on the USAG website. Sorry I can't remember it off the top of my head!

Layout step out was just upgraded to a D bt is a C. the 1.5 is a C and double is a D.

side ariel is a D, so is a front....or are your talking ariel front walkover?

Oh great that is what we wanted to hear. Yes a ariel front walkover. Thanks!

I'm glad CoachL was able to give you the exacts--I was thinking about it yesterday and I was thinking what he said, but I didn't want to lead you astray.

i'll have to look at the code tonight, I can't remember off hand what the ariel front walkover is. I'm thinking a D, but not entirely sure.

As far as I know a Front Aerial is a D. I remember last year that a side aerial was now the same as front aerial and it was moved to a D. I'm not 100% sure though so sorry.

As far as I know a Front Aerial is a D. I remember last year that a side aerial was now the same as front aerial and it was moved to a D. I'm not 100% sure though so sorry.

Front aerial, side aerial and side somi are all now Ds.

The 1.5 and 2.0 fulls off the beam are both Cs, I thought??? I know they are both Cs in FIG, but I also thought they were Cs in JO.

There were very, very, very few Ds on beam at Easterns and Westerns last year among the top girls. Some did one, none did two. There is no bonus at L9 for doing a D unless it is in a connection so it's perhaps not worth the risk - depending on the gymnast, of course.

L10 is a different story. ;-)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back