WAG Level 9 floor routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gaby

Proud Parent
My level 9 daughter is constructing her floor routine. She plan not doing the doubles because it might hurts your ankle when landing.

I am wondering if it affects her starting value. She told me no . Her start value is still 10.

What effects her routine without doubles on her college application? D3 college likes to see doubles?

I am wondering if it affects her starting value. She told me no . Her start value is still 10.

Hard to say... not if they put something else in its place to bonus up to a 10.

What effects her routine without doubles on her college application? D3 college likes to see doubles?

Yes... colleges like doubles.

Last edited:
She can definitely still have a 10.0 start value at level 9 without a double tuck. I remember asking here before my daughter competed level 9 and was told that it wasn't required, but was kind of "expected". Yet I could probably have counted on 1 hand how many gymnasts I saw compete a double tuck during that season.. Very few did. I know some that did have them, but they didn't compete them at level 9. Others, like my daughter, did not have one. She still had a 10.0 start value.
I don't know about the recruiting question though. I mean, yes I do think that they probably expect them, but are you talking for future recruitment or are you talking about being recruited right now as a level 9? I don't think it matters if you have one at level 9 if you go on and compete it as a level 10 for 4 years for example.. but if you are a senior and are being recruited as a level 9, than that is a different thing.

Reactions: JBS
My daughter is competing 9. No double back - want to say she’s going to do a ro bh 1.5 front pike… and a front layout front full and I’m guessing one other pass.

I think it’s a 10 start but not sure.

Agree that if they’re going to do level 10 for 3-5 years it doesn’t matter at all.

She will start from a 10.0 if she has all 4 special requirements (a double back is not one of them), 3 A skills, 4 B skills, and 1 C skill, plus .3 in bonus which comes from skills in connections. This year they can also get .10 from the first restricted D skill they successfully perform. There are many Ds to choose from. A double back is a D, and is not expected at level 9. Some can do it, but no one has to.

Again, let her coach compose her routine. They’ll get it right.

Thank you for all the advices!!! My dd already freshman now, and She decide to put the doubles in the routine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back