Level 9 Regionals update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3rd_time_around

Proud Parent
Judge
So we are back from New Orleans, safe and sound. It was a very exciting weekend. I took my dd and her level 10 teammate with me. My daughter had the meet of her life!! She placed: vt-9.275, 4th; ub-9.250, 6th; bb-9.275, 4th; and fx-9.325, 6th. AA-37.125!!!! This is the first 37 she's ever gotten! And yes, she is an Eastern National Qualifier! 4th place at regionals!

This was such an exciting meet. With only beam left, I was trying to hold it together and not cry, and I was also bursting with excitement and pride. The, a girl on bars missed her hands on the shootover and did an extra flip over the bars, barely missing landing on her head. It was very scary and shocking, and I started to cry. (it was the overflow of emotions!!) Then, it was time for beam, her nemesis. I turned on the video camera, but wouldn't hardly look. And then it was over and her score flashed and I knew she had qualified. I couldn't help the tears (not sobs, just tears of joy). I had a feeling she could do it, but to have it happen is so amazing!

And to top it off, her level 10 teammate placed 2nd and is going to Nationals as well. As I said on my FB, "Un huh! That's right! I am bringing home 2 National qualifiers in my car. Woot! Woot!" So. Much. Fun. Period. :cool:

Thank you to everyone who was praying for her and sending good wishes. You are all awesome. Now I just have to figure out how to pay for her to go, UGH!!! I hate that part, it always puts a damper on the celebration.
904_4734.jpg

That is amazing!!! Congrats to her and her teammate! I cannot even imagine the stress you must have felt! That must have been an awesome car ride home :)

wow her double back is huge! Not surprised she qualified. Good job and brilliant to hear she had a great meet!! Good luck at the next one

Wow! She did great! Congrats! I watched her video and she looks so much older on the video. hehe How old is she? Is this her first year of L9?

Wow, her floor routine is amazing! A huge congrats to her on qualifying to Easterns - and her teammate too!

Congratulations on such a wonderful meet and for qualifying to Easterns - she must be on cloud 9!!!! Go luck, Easterns is just over 2 weeks out.... yikes, I'm gonna blink and it will be here!

Beautiful floor routine, and what fabulous results. I love that both girls qualified. Oh and that picture can stay huge, it's adorable!

Leave the big pic!! :) So happy for you! What an awesome day. Woot,Woot is right!!!!

Went and watched the video, her tumbling is fun to watch. So powerful and graceful. Great job!

Congrats to your daughter!!! How fantastic for her! I'm impressed that you got video. I think if had been me, my hands would've been shaking too bad for me to shoot video. :) The level 9 from my daughter's gym also qualified for Easterns and the girls at her gym are so excited for her. Good luck to your girl in a few weeks!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back