level?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

How do you know what level a trick is?

I was at the gym yesterday and My coach got annoyed with me when I tried to do a cartwheel on the beam,- she said it was above my level... what is my level?

what level is a cartwheel on the beam?-

and how do you know what level gymnast you are?

-(she has the guys do beam as well because she says it helps with our balance, personally I love beam, but can't compete on it :(

A cartwheel on beam is required for L5 in WAG. Level is usually determined by your skills one each event. If you're not sure, ask the coach.

How do you know what level a trick is?
what level is a cartwheel on the beam?-
and how do you know what level gymnast you are?
I'm not sure this refers to USAG "levels", but rather, general ability level, meaning you may just not be prepared to perfom this skill in the particular location where you wanted to perform it. Perhaps you could ask your coach what drills you can do which are appropriate for your level. He/she may be more inclined to help you prepare.

Good luck!

Last edited:
There are a couple of other options if you are not on the team and you feel awkward asking a coach about particular skills.

• do a search on these forums. I think I have come across some postings that spell out skill requirements for each level (particularly for compulsaries)
  • go see a local sanctioned meet. Identify the level that you're watching and observe what they all do, especially for compulsaries
  • ask a gymnast friend who is on the team
Hope that helps.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back