MAG Levels Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

alongfortheride

Proud Parent
If your son was age 10, competing level 7, division 1, but only scoring in low 50's (up until this point of the season). . .would you have him repeat the level with the goal of learning all the bonuses, or try to go to level 8 for the next season? Some people have said level 8 is "easier" in the sense that they can work to their strengths, but i know he also has time and a great level 7 year might be a good foundation. Of course it's not totally my decision, but I was curious to hear opinions.

Hard to say without knowing the child. I'd probably have him train over the summer and see where he is but lean slightly toward a second year of L7.

And we have to all adjust to the new scores. Remember, scores are going to be lower - their maximum score for AA is almost 6 points lower.

I agree with 2G1B. You never know until summer. Many things can happen. you just have to be ready for whatever comes. 11 yo L8 comes with its own challenges, like tech sequences and special requirements. It is a tough level.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back