WAG Limits to Booster Contribution?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flipnmom

Proud Parent
Hello! I've been stalking for a while, but this is my first post.

DD's gym is fairly new and the booster's group is really just getting off the ground. I've recently been told that there is a limit to what percentage of our funds raised can go toward meet fees. For instance, if we have $10,000 in the account, we can only spend up to $6,000 to help cover meet fees and the remainder would have to be spent on something else (like uniforms, parties, guest speakers, etc.) Does anyone out there know where that is documented? I've looked for info on the IRS's website, but can't find anything...

Thanks!

As far as I know, there is no rule for that. Our booster club paid for all our girls meet fees and coaches for the entire season. We did not contribute anything to uniforms except for the warm-ups for outlet L3s since it was the first year competing and our leos for our developmental group. I think you just have to spend a certain percentage of your fundraising proceeds on the actual athletes in some way if you are non-profit.

Never heard of that. I know the primary purpose can't be to pay meet fees but I've never seen a percentage listed like that. It could be that your booster club put that percentage in themselves when they organized as part of their bylaws.

There is IRS guidance and it is a specific percentage -- I think like 60% of your budget or something? I don't know where the document is, but I have seen it before. If you have a large budget and can cover all of the meet and coaching fees while keeping the percentage in check, it is possible for the booster club to cover all of these fees. It just depends on the numbers.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back