Parents Little update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Here is a little update on dd.She had a shoulder injury over the summer and mostly did conditioning and skills that did not require the use of her arms.Shoulder is still a little sore but better.
She did some punch front full layouts and doublebacks with a little spot on floor the other day.
Flipped a few tsuk layouts.
Working on bhs layout stepout (stuck a couple on medium beam).Connected switch leap with gainer layout on lowbeam yesterday for the first time.
Working on cleaning up her skills on bars.
She is also getting a new floor routine.So exciting.
Went back to puplic school after being home schooled for a year.

Glad her shoulder injury is getting better. Hope it is back to 100% really soon. Those are some really big skills she was practicing, wow! Sounds like she is on her way to getting things all ready for meet season. Hope she loves her new floor routine, I am sure that is really exciting for her. :D

sounds like she's doing really well! Hope she's back to 100% soon. Does she like her new floor music?

Great news that her shoulder is doing better. I bet it was tough to watch every one around her training new skills. Hopefully it will continue to heal. What level is she competing this year?

I'm looking forward to watching her videos again this year! Her skills sound great:)

How's she liking being back at school? Is the adjustment difficult after the time out homeschooling?

Sounds like she is doing great, even with having to avoid any skills using her arms during the summer. Her beam skills sound awesome! I'm sure getting a new floor routine is fun too.

Great stuff going on there - she is coming back nicely after her surgery! Can't wait to see the new floor routine... :p

I'm looking forward to watching her videos again this year! Her skills sound great:)

How's she liking being back at school? Is the adjustment difficult after the time out homeschooling?

She really likes being back in school.No problems getting up in the morning or doing gym after school.
She really enjoys having new friends and seeing some old friends again.

Thanks for the update, I have been away so I somehow missed your post. Glad she is healing well and that her skills didn't suffer too much.

Do injured girls in your gym follow their regular schedule when injured?

She followed her regular schedule.Did a lot of conditioning,leaps and jumps.Anything she did not have to use her arms for.That's were the gainer layout on beam and the punch front full layout on floor came out of.Sometimes she would spent 2 rotations on beam because she could not do bars and there are only a few drills she could do.

Nice to hear from you! Sounds like you DD is doing great! Glad that the shoulder injury is healing. any residual pain? We have a L9 training L10 that has been hurt on and off for months. She just couldnt get over the injury and is now off for 3 months.. no gym.. not even dance to see if she can heal.

My DD is also back to school full time this year. I think it is harder on us than it is them to be honest with you! I kind of like having her around a bit more :)

Nice to hear from you! Sounds like you DD is doing great! Glad that the shoulder injury is healing. any residual pain? We have a L9 training L10 that has been hurt on and off for months. She just couldnt get over the injury and is now off for 3 months.. no gym.. not even dance to see if she can heal.

My DD is also back to school full time this year. I think it is harder on us than it is them to be honest with you! I kind of like having her around a bit more :)

Her shoulder is still sore a bit.We got an MRI and there is no structural injury.Doctor says it's the growth plate that makes her shoulder sore.Probably will not go away completely until it is closed.
She will back of doing a lot of repetitions when she gets more sore and just work on things that don't require the use of her arms if it starts hurting more.
I'm really great full that the coaches are willing to work with us.
We have another girl in the gym that has what sounds like the same problem in her foot.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back