Parents littlest Bogwoppit's first meet resullts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So little Bog had her first meet yesterday. We got up at 5am, her comp was at 7am, we got home at 11pm as it was our meet and that is when it finished. Sadly, my phone rang at 8am this morning, I am awake and everyone else is asleep!

In her group there were 32 girls aged 8-10, first and second year. I think she did great for a first meet, she is also very happy with how she did (which is way more important) From our own gym there were 7 second year girls who did very well. Her level is a bit like L4 USAG without the music:D, and without the ro bhs, though she does have that.

Vault 11.1 9th place
beam 10.65 4th place with a fall on mount:D
bars 9.65
floor 11.3

Total 42.7 (each routine is scored out of 13, 3 for required elements and 10 points for execution, just like in FIG)

no idea where she placed AA as they don't do it here.

She missed a medal on the beam by .2 and her deduction for her silly fall on mount was .8.

No, we are in Quebec.

They do the level 4 vault with mats at 110cm, though they do not judge the run here, just what happens after the springboard.

Bars, pullover, cast, back hip circle, squat on to high bar, swing, long hang pullover, sole circle dismount

Beam two jumps, half turn/pivot turn linked, handstand, low beam pose and a roundoff dismount. With lots of cute fluffy stuff to pad it out to 60 secs

Floor - jumps- scissone,scissor, 360 turn, hs/forward roll, cartwheel, roundoff, to last 60 secs.

On floor they have their own music and choreography, beam is their own choreo too.

Congrats to your little one! Those are great meet results!
How's the scoring in Quebec VS Ontario? The max start value for all of Rayna's routines was 12.6. She's a level 5.

Do you have any video to share? I love watching kids show off!

Congrats to your little one! Those are great meet results!
How's the scoring in Quebec VS Ontario? The max start value for all of Rayna's routines was 12.6. She's a level 5.

Do you have any video to share? I love watching kids show off!

Little Bog competes in the Scholaire or school system at the CR3 Argo level, it is equivalent to the P1 level in the Canadian Programme. Scholaire (or circuit regional) is designed for girls who train 8 hours a week or less. She will probably go into the provincial system in a year or two.

All the routines are scored from 13, each of the 6 required elements are valued 0.5 and the routine is judges out of the 10. In the Candian system, which Ontario doesn't use, no routine begins at less than 13, unless they are missing an element.

Rayna would be in P2 under than Canadian model, she would have varying start values, based on her skills and bonus skills, kips are a bonus, BWO on the beam is a bonus. Her tumbling line RO BHS BT is a bonus too.

All very different that the USAG system.

As for vids I don't post them due to uptight hubby.:D

Thanks for explaining it a bit more for me. I get all my info from a child. I think I've spoken to her coach 5 times over 2 years, and outside of reading here and a bit on the OGF page, I'm clueless:)

CONGRATULATIONS to little Bog! 6 out of 32 is amazing!!!!!

CONGRATS to lil bog (LOL) on her 1st meet! Now that my DD is done with meets for awhile it's nice to here about everyone elses. Enjoy the season, it seems to go by so quickly!

ack! what a LONG day - thank goodness little bog competed early at the beginning of the day!!

bogwoppit, she did absolutely wonderful!! can't wait for next meet where I am sure she will be cleaning UP on beam! I am still completely confused by the whole system - how do you keep it all straight lol - n

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back