Live on NBC.com now 5:11pm

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

4:53pm: Start lists have been distributed. These line-ups are subject to change.

Vault: Ivana Hong, Chellsie Memmel, Bridget Sloan, Corrie Lothrop.

Bars: Ivana Hong, Chellsie Memmel, Bridget Sloan, Mattie Larson, Nastia Liukin, Jana Bieger, Samantha Peszek, Chelsea Davis, Shawn Johnson. (Everyone but Sacramone and Lothrop.)

Beam: Chelsea Davis, Shawn Johnson, Samantha Peszek, Alicia Sacramone.

Live blog for those of you like me who can't wait!!!!!

I hate the way that they are handling the selection process but Kudos to Nbc for doing the best with a tough situation

I dont know why it has to be a big secret and they could have had updated pictures or something:mad:

Are all the Chalkbucket members online here waiting and killing time between refreshes ??

Last edited:
Here's the epiphany I had today: I don't think the selection committee should have agreed to making their final decision immediately following the conclusion of the camp meet. Believe me, I want to know the final team as much as anyone else hitting refresh every 60 seconds, but I think it would have been a better idea for the announcement/final decision to be made tomorrow. It would have been nice for the committee to sleep on it and come together refreshed tomorrow morning. I think the stress levels in the air might be too high for them to deal with, though I understand everyone is curious as to who it's going to be.

To play devil's advocate to myself, maybe making the decision right away will take a load off the committee. They'd probably be tossing and turning all night (though they will probably be doing that until 2012 if USA doesn't win gold). They also probably want to get the team announced so they can come together as a group and finalize strategies for the rapidly approaching Olympics.

Worst live blogging moment: they aren't giving us any scores!!!!! Are the routines unscored, or are they simply keeping more secrets from us?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are all the Chalkbucket members online here waiting and killing time between refreshes ??

No better place to be!!!!!

I cannot even imagine working that hard and not reaching your final goal! :(

I read on another post a few minutes ago that Maddie is out too - :(
Now I can't find it.

Anyone know anything? I don't see her in any of the updates.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back