Liv's First TOPs Testing Result!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thank you Sean. Liv is 7 years old and testing as a 7 year old. She actually has a good TOPs birthday. She turns in April. Next year she'll test as a 8 year old and it's exactly the same the test. She's already talking about qualifying to TX. Asks me if I'd go with her, where she'd sleep etc. I remind her to take it one year at a time, one month at a time, one testing at a time...heehee!

Cait has a great TOPs birthday as well. January. She tests as a 10 yr old this year. Her first test is a week from this Friday. She is pretty excited. She will test one more time, if need be, at the end of July. Qualifying for TX would be great. Cait just loved it down there. She is hoping to make it again but you never know...

Great job to Liv! It's not so good about the lack of air conditioning at the new (original) gym. It must have been a crazy week for your family with all of the unexpected changes. Sounds like the gym is geared up and ready for Liv to succeed at level 5 too.

Congratulations, looks like Liv did an awesome job! I'm sure you're both very proud, Liv is obviously very talented! DD is hoping to test for the first time next year. Bad birthday month for her though -- December. That means she will test as a 10 yr old even though she'll be 9 the entire year (and at test time).

NeDadof3

Hello and welcome to CB!! Thanks for the nice comments.

That's awesome that your dd will test next year. Having a full year to prepare is probably a good idea. Many of Liv team mates that started late (within the last 6 months) struggled getting all the skills.

I wish your dd the best of luck. Sounds like she is quite talented herself!!

Liv has a couple more opportunities to try to max out on all her skills. It's really tough for 7 years old to make diamond but she is determined. I, on the other hand, would be thrilled if she made gold! Last year only seven 7 year old made diamond and another eight made gold. Still very competitive!!

NeDadof3

Hello and welcome to CB!! Thanks for the nice comments.

That's awesome that your dd will test next year. Having a full year to prepare is probably a good idea. Many of Liv team mates that started late (within the last 6 months) struggled getting all the skills.

I wish your dd the best of luck. Sounds like she is quite talented herself!!

Liv has a couple more opportunities to try to max out on all her skills. It's really tough for 7 years old to make diamond but she is determined. I, on the other hand, would be thrilled if she made gold! Last year only seven 7 year old made diamond and another eight made gold. Still very competitive!!
starmaker

Thanks for the welcome and the good luck wishes!

DD has only been training TOPs for about 3 months so her HC thought it best to wait until next year for her to test. We are perfectly okay with it since her gym had no established TOPs program but set one up just for DD because they feel that she would both benefit from it and be competitive at it. Her gym continues to impress us with their willingness to do whatever is necessary to take each individual gymnast as far as their abilities will carry them. So here's hoping that testing goes well for her next year.

As far as Liv, judging by how well she did in her first test and her determination to do even better, I'm willing to bet that she'll achieve her goal of Diamond! I wish her the best of luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back