Liv's First TOPs Testing Result!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

starmaker

Well, we survived the first testing!!

Liv woke up very excited and was up early and ready to go!! I on the other hand was a nervous wreck!!!

She started on Cast Handstands which she started going veritcal on a couple weeks ago. However for testing purposes she was advised to NOT hit vertical but to concentrate on hollow shape and hitting atleast 45 degrees. I think her shape and height looked good. All but the third one counted because there was a slight leg seperation. In the video she does 6 but only the first 5 count for testing.

Then she went to bridge and scored a max of 5pts.

Then it was Handstand hold: She did not go into it well...didn't hit vertical and was planche but pumped her arm and eventually made it to vertical. She managed to hold it for 26 seconds. However she was told that next time she needs to come down and try again. She has consistently held 30+ seconds at practice. She received a few deductions as well.

Right Split: 15 out of 15pts
Left Split: 13 out of 15pts....lacking squareness!

Rope: Looked good...5. something seconds...I think she can improve this by next testing.

Vertical Jump: 11.5 inches!! Babygirl NEEDS to start jumping!
Sprint: 3.9 seconds...and running!

Straddle Presses: She did 5 out of 5!

Leg Lifts: She did 20 out 20!

After testing she participated in a TOPS clinic and really enjoyed herself! She can't wait to do it again!!

I uploaded her video although the quality is poor. Testing was far and my camera was not too focused!

Thank you all for watching! Here's the link:
YouTube - TOPs Test 2010 first one!

apart from her handstand shape she did absolutely amazing. I can never get over how strong she is. Glad she enjoyed it too. What a little star! Glad she is allowed a second go at the handstand if she doesn't kick up right. Her casts were nice.

WOW!! Liv did great! Congratulations and good luck for the next test

Sorry I couldn't watch the video its saying I need to update Adobe Flash player and I've already downloaded it. Anyways Congrats to Liv! Those are great results especially for a first test!

WOW she did great! I know she can do better on her jump and hanstand next time!!!! She def fought for that handstand though. :) I have one question. Why did they wear 2 pieces not a one piece leo??? Are those common where you live?

Lovely job Livvy, and that is just the first testing. COnsidering the lead up was less than ideal for her I am more than impressed.

She is STRONG!!!!

Wow...amazing!!!:):):) I am super impressed with the press handstands! My DD can't even manage one yet! WOW! You and she must be very proud...she did so good on everything! Way to go Liv!!!!

WOW she did great! I know she can do better on her jump and hanstand next time!!!! She def fought for that handstand though. :) I have one question. Why did they wear 2 pieces not a one piece leo??? Are those common where you live?

Thanks so much! I think she can definitely do better on her handstand hold. We've all seen her do it tons of time! It's really just a matter of "how" she goes into it. She knows now if it doesn't feel right to come back down right away.

We are back to her old gym (orginal) and yes two pieces are common in that gym. I don't know if it's because it's in Miami or if it's because the gym lacks a/c but they sport the two pieces often. :rolleyes:

Gym owner tried to find them leos but there was nothing she liked so she thought it would be "cute" for the tops girls to wear two pieces. On the top part it say: tops! I was a little skeptical but the girls looked really buff and cute as a group!!

She did awesome. Can I ask what the benefits of the testing are? I have just recently heard of TOPS and the strength program, but what are the tests for? Just curious. I can't believe her handstand presses. My daughter has been trying those for months now and still can't get them.

Jennifer

Ohh ok. I know they are common in some areas! I wish we could work out in those at are gym, but they won't let us because of the boys :(

She looks awesome. I am so glad she is enjoying it too. She's off to a great start and with 3 tests she will just keep getting better. Back to your old gym?

I think the 2 pieces looked so cute on Liv. She looks really tall and elegant. Have you changed gyms recently? I know you changed a while ago. She certainly did do well after her tops coach left.

Wow,

what a great first TOPs test. I am very impressed. How old is Olivia? 8?
She did wonderful. How was her sprint?

Sean

She looks awesome. I am so glad she is enjoying it too. She's off to a great start and with 3 tests she will just keep getting better. Back to your old gym?

Thank you for your nice comments. Liv really enjoys TOPs because it suits her strength: strength and flexibility!!

She's had a tough time making a decision as to which coach was taking her to test. There were three coaches at three different gyms making invitations, promises, etc. There was lots of drama, pressure and tears.

I finally had to step up as her advocate and parent and make the decision I felt was in her best interest and the rest of the family. So, she is back at her old gym just 5 minutes away. Simplifying my life again. Old gym is very capable of taking her as far as she wants to go. I may not always agree with there methods but I've decided to stay out of it. Unless my kid directly complains to me or is unhappy then I will re evaluate.

She had a very warm reception. All the girls hugged and cheered for her return. She was a little taken aback by all the enthusiasm as she was still 5 years old when she left and now is 7 years old and it feels like life time ago for her. So far she is happy to back home to her original gym with her old coaches, and friends.

Thank you all for asking and noticing the change. I was not quite ready to tell all right away. BTW, she is definitely competing level 5 in 2 months.....finger crossed she is so not ready yet! This gym DOES not hold back. They just push the girls right along. Most still do well at competitions still.

Wow,

what a great first TOPs test. I am very impressed. How old is Olivia? 8?
She did wonderful. How was her sprint?

Sean

Thank you Sean. Liv is 7 years old and testing as a 7 year old. She actually has a good TOPs birthday. She turns in April. Next year she'll test as a 8 year old and it's exactly the same the test. She's already talking about qualifying to TX. Asks me if I'd go with her, where she'd sleep etc. I remind her to take it one year at a time, one month at a time, one testing at a time...heehee!

That is really awesome! Congrats to Liv for such a great first test!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back