Long Time Gymn Fan/ Soon To Be Gymnast

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Dani

Hi, my name is Dani. I have been a Gymnastic fan
for about 7 years know since the 2000 olympics!
Finaly ive decided to start some gymnastics in the
fall, ( my parents finaly think I might not hurt myself
at gymnastics although that wont happen).
Anyway-- Hi people im new and looking forword
to making some friends on this forum!

hey if you need any help with any skills or anything just ask i hope you do well good luck how old are and what level will you be? congradulations

hey if you need any help with any skills or anything just ask i hope you do well good luck how old are and what level will you be? congradulations
13 a couple months ago. I also did an assesment
for my level in gymnastics I will have to learn
a couple of skills but I should move up to level
2 within a couple of weeks because im super
flexible and I did a couple of summer camps
last summer so I know some basic skillls and all!

Are we talking USAG level two or "advanced beginner" level two? I am just curious. It's so cool that you're actually going out and starting something you've always wanted to do. You can't imagine the number of people I hear say, "I wish I'd done/stayed in gymnastics. I always tell them they're welcome to teach the classes I teach (I'm a new 16 yearold so I have a coaching job) or at least come to open gym with me.

Are we talking USAG level two or "advanced beginner" level two? I am just curious. It's so cool that you're actually going out and starting something you've always wanted to do. You can't imagine the number of people I hear say, "I wish I'd done/stayed in gymnastics. I always tell them they're welcome to teach the classes I teach (I'm a new 16 yearold so I have a coaching job) or at least come to open gym with me.
Begginer Level 2. But I should work my way up
quick as im moving from doing rythmic gymnasitcs.
I did rythmic for about 2 years because my parents
would not let me do ''Proper'' gymnastics so rythmic
was the best I could possibley do and um I knew it
would get me flexible so when I would start gymn,
WICH I knew I would do adventualy it would help
me. After years of nagging I convinced my parents.
Even though they are in no way supportive of the
sport, they thought rythem was good because
it was a mix of dance and that it would keep me quiet
for awhile about gymn. But in my heart I've always
wanted to be like thoes wonderfull gymnasts--
And yes I would love to become Elite but thats not
going to happen because of my age and all. Oh well
I guess if I just do my best miracles can happen
And that is the thought that ive had in my head
for the longest time. But every year the glimmer
got smaller and smaller. So I turned 13 this is
the last chance I would ever have to even
become good at the sport. Enough with my ramblings.

Even though age is a huge factor, especially in today's world, don't let it limit you. I recently was reading an International Gymnast magazine on the way home from nationals and there was a story about a French gymnast who began training at age 12 made it all the way. She even became the national champ. Sorry I can't remember the name though, and I accidently left the magazine on the plane. She's all grown up now and performs with Cirque du Soile.

Even though age is a huge factor, especially in today's world, don't let it limit you. I recently was reading an International Gymnast magazine on the way home from nationals and there was a story about a French gymnast who began training at age 12 made it all the way. She even became the national champ. Sorry I can't remember the name though, and I accidently left the magazine on the plane. She's all grown up now and performs with Cirque du Soile.
Wow--- This realy has put a smile on my face.
I guess If I work hard enough I will be able
to maby become quite good. Thanx grace
you have seriously made my day thank you lots.

I think you were talking about Ludivine Furnon from France! Yes she started out very late and then became the best French gymnast - her floor was amazing! :):)

So welcome on here and good luck on your own gymnastics!!! Keep believing in miracles! :)

I think you were talking about Ludivine Furnon from France! Yes she started out very late and then became the best French gymnast - her floor was amazing! :):)

So welcome on here and good luck on your own gymnastics!!! Keep believing in miracles! :)

Wow, Thanx alot and awesome another gymn fan-aroo
Ive also checked out your gymn site its awesome! ^_^

Wow, Thanx alot and awesome another gymn fan-aroo
Ive also checked out your gymn site its awesome! ^_^

Awww thank you so much! :)
I`m really happy to hear you like it!!

We are happy about new members in our forum as well! :D Only requirement I guess is to not forget about Chalkbucket either. ;)

Awww thank you so much! :)
I`m really happy to hear you like it!!

We are happy about new members in our forum as well! :D Only requirement I guess is to not forget about Chalkbucket either. ;)
No. I would never forget the chalkbucket its
to friendly for that but I think your site is
going to become very popular I love the german
section of it because im learning german in school
so its helpfull sometimes to read there cause
I can pick up alot by how 'real' german people
speak not just my teachers saying they talk like this
and that. Anyway thanx for the encouragment!

Hey Dani -

Your story is EXACTLY the same as mine. Did rhythmic stretching in my room for 6months (Mum wouldn't let me do it), so got flexible. Was terribly terribly nervous to ask my mum whether I could start gymnastics again (I thought she'd be angry because I wouldn't make the Olympics) at 13. She was convinced I'd get hurt.

My advice: Keep at it. Work really hard at the strength :D It's really really really important. I remember the days when I couldn't do one pushup, or I felt like I was going to die after 20 Vsnaps. Now 100 is not too much of a problem :D

And ice is your best friend when things ache!

You'll find beam easier too because of rhythmic.

Hey Dani -

Your story is EXACTLY the same as mine. Did rhythmic stretching in my room for 6months (Mum wouldn't let me do it), so got flexible. Was terribly terribly nervous to ask my mum whether I could start gymnastics again (I thought she'd be angry because I wouldn't make the Olympics) at 13. She was convinced I'd get hurt.

My advice: Keep at it. Work really hard at the strength :D It's really really really important. I remember the days when I couldn't do one pushup, or I felt like I was going to die after 20 Vsnaps. Now 100 is not too much of a problem :D

And ice is your best friend when things ache!

You'll find beam easier too because of rhythmic.

Im not very strong but im trying to learn how to do strong hand stands!
Im also in handstand mode leaning on my bed doing push press ups!
I can about 3 without getting tierd! But my coaches she passion
and talent in me so they are putting me on a 4-6 hour a week for the
first levels then im getting it slowly increased im also getting privet
lessons since im 13 and far behind some other people!
But your story has given me hope im realy inpressed that you became good.
So now I know I can do stuff like that! Did you do any competitions?
What level are you know?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back