WAG Longest beam series?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

blue_5678

Coach
Gymnast
What's the longest beam series that has ever been competed? Does anyone have any videos? I just thought it would be really interesting to see!

I saw a video of Maile Okeefe training a series with 4 skills a little while ago, but that was on a floor beam...

these all have 3 or more. With a serie of 4 you could also think about front handspring to a backward series. Also, Sanne wevers Has a series of turns. There are bhs-loso-loso-loso series in there

Some Romanian gymnast (Diana Vulcan, maybe?) posted a routine filled with connections, I'd say 5 or 6 in a row? When I get home I'll hunt up a video.

What's the longest beam series that has ever been competed? Does anyone have any videos? I just thought it would be really interesting to see!

I saw a video of Maile Okeefe training a series with 4 skills a little while ago, but that was on a floor beam...
I saw that series, and it is AMAZING!

What is the skill where they jump back into a bhs but twist and end up facing the other way?

In that video there were quite a few front aerial-front aerial (or similar) connections without continuous movement! You can see the moment where they come up on the landing leg, and pause to see the beam. I remember working on eliminating that when I was training a FHS-FHS on beam. I know that would be a hard series to do with continuous movement since you'd be going into the second aerial blind-ish (and without hand support like in a FHS). Does anyone have a video of this series or similar being performed without that pause?

I think her advantage is that she hardly travels on those layout step outs. She can easily fit a fourth backwards element, whereas some other gymnasts travel so much that they simply don't have room for more.

are there deductions for not having enough "travel" on the Layout stepout?

I always feel that Olga Mostepanova was robbed of that move - given that she was competing it 10 years before Onodi but at a time when it was not common to "name" elements

Yes the naming of skills in FIG has a dubious past, with incorrect gymnasts getting credit in some places and others not being named for their skills. To be fair to Onodi she knew it as Mostapanova's skills and called it something like the 'the Moste' when she was learning the skill.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back