Lookig for music suggestions for L8

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cher062

Ok DD was told last night that she would be getting a new floor routine so she can do L8 in the fall (if she gets all her moves) now she is supposed to choose 5 floor musics to submit to the coach (who is also a dance teacher) to have one choosen for her.

she doesn't want any of the ones that are over used that she heard this year and obscure is just fine with her.

she was on floor music express last night and came up with 4 of them the first and last seem to be the front runners for her. (we are open to other resources too for music)
If you want to hear them you can go to the site and find them there with this info

Current 1st choice - Man of La mancha - variety CD2 #23
Current 4th choice - Hey Big Spender - CD10 #24
Current 3rd choice - Devil Went Down to Georgia - Pop CD 3 #4
Current 2nd choice - Theme from Fringe - CD 23 #8

Ok we need one more at least. She likes Classical music, Dramatic Music. Her "dance skills" are better than tumbling skills so she wants to show case those. she can ham it up and not be embarrased to shake what she has.

You can see her L7 routine with music on our YouTube link below. she likes the drama in that music. At 14yo the music needs to me more mature than some of the others she was listening to. She was also listening to some of the Spanish and Tango music - it seems to interest her but she hasn't heard one that really hits her over the head yet.

:confused:We are open to suggestions for a 5th choice. Any one??

Harry Potter themes are nice, ou can edit a couple into the same piece, get it "remixed" or leave it on it's own. I particularly like Hedwig's Theme. I don't kow if they'll suit her fancy, but it's worth a try :)

I have posted a couple different floor musics on my youtube channel (same name as on here--mustlovejumping). I'm 20 and a dancer so she might like mine. I also just changed my floor music, and I'll probably be putting that one up in the next few days as soon as I cut it.

Bond has a lot of stuff that I think fits your description -- however, I'd recommend avoiding "Explosive" and "Gypsy Rhapsody," simply because they are so obscenely overused as routine music. "Duel" is getting there as well...

You might also check out some stuff by Sole Signal. A lot of his remixes (which are available for free on his site) are quite dramatic, and great for routine music.

Hedwigs theme is what she has for L7 and she does love it but wants something new for L8

If you're looking for tangoish music.. There is one on floor express that I absolutely love! It is called Guayabera and it's on CD 21. I think it would be good if she's looking for something she can dance to :) I'm hoping to use it when I get a new routine :) And I've never heard it being used at a competition before.

Ok after a weekend of listening to way too many songs she finally narrowed it down to 6 choices from floor music express

1. Asturias
2. El Triste (had to borrow CD from gym as it didn't play off web page)
3. Apasionada
4 Fringe
5. Man of La Mancha
6. Devil went down to georgia

Ok so out of these which do you like. Go to floor music express and type in the name to hear them.

Alright, I LOVED 4. Fringe for a more graceful piece. But I've always been a big fan of 6. Devil Went Down to Georgia.
So I would go with one of those myself.
It just depends whether she wants graceful or upbeat.

After much playing around w/my computer (had corrupt files), I am finally listening... I have to say that Asturias was played FIVE times during our one session at the state meet!!! I LOVE the music, and my DD's teammate had thought it was so original.... I think Fringe could lend itself well to a dancy routine. LOVE Apasionada!!! It has good dance music and great music for tumbling passes. I have never heard of this one used before.... Don't care for Man of La Mancha nor Devil Went Down to George.... just my 2 cents worth!

Apasionada ws my favorite too but I haven't given her my 2 cents worth so she can pick out what she likes.
She is tending towards Asturias, but I can't say I've heard that around here at all. The big ones we heard alot was Pirates, Diamonds and Requium for a Dream I think I heard them no less than 5 times at any meet. One meet had pirates for 10 different people - I was so sick of hearing it.

Ok she passed in her choices today to the gym - here is what she ended up choosing in order of preferance

1. Apasionada
2. El Triste (had to borrow CD from gym as it didn't play off web page)
3. Fringe
4. Asturias
5. Man of La Mancha
6. Devil went down to georgia

Now just waiting to hear if they accept any of these and hoping her first choice is choosen.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back